Smartcarry, Thunderwear, etc.... Screw my head on straight! - Page 2

Smartcarry, Thunderwear, etc.... Screw my head on straight!

This is a discussion on Smartcarry, Thunderwear, etc.... Screw my head on straight! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All of that said... I know in my heart that someday, another SmartCarry owner is gonna sidle up to me and say, "Dude, are you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smartcarry, Thunderwear, etc.... Screw my head on straight!

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    All of that said... I know in my heart that someday, another SmartCarry owner is gonna sidle up to me and say, "Dude, are you retarded? Your SmartCarry is on the outside of your pants..."

"Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    All of that said... I know in my heart that someday, another concealed carrier is gonna sidle up to me and say, "Dude, are you retarded? Your SmartCarry is on the outside of your pants..."

If Superman can wear his underwear on the outside, then by gosh, you can wear your SmartCarry that way!

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

98 percent of the people you encounter, especially in a city, are just oblivious. I was just at Wally World yesterday for better than an hour... from dairy to dog food to DVDs, and no one payed any attention to my full size Sig and 2 magazines...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

All of that said... I know in my heart that someday, another SmartCarry owner is gonna sidle up to me and say, "Dude, are you retarded? Your SmartCarry is on the outside of your pants..."

I caught that and I sort of went: .

I would really like to see pictures of this. Is it sort of a Smart Carry OC? You say you cover it with a shirt, but...

Clarify?
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I use a SmartCarry and would be very concerned about weapon retention if it were to be used on the outside of the pants.

Quick .02 cents. I live in Florida and you wear a lot of gym shorts. Thunderwear gives you the chance to carry a J-Frame or Walther PPS sized 9MM very comfortably

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Okay, I've been seeing the Smartcarry, Thunderwear, and a few clones around for some time now. There have also been numerous threads on here about it.

So I have some questions. Yes, crude jokes are welcome as always.

Typically, how high or low does your gun ride in one of these? Are we talking about right behind the zipper? Between the legs? Elsewhere?

Are you required to wear looser-fitting pants with one, like most IWB rigs?

Are these molded to your specific gun model or are they a "this size fits many" idea, like a lot of nylon holsters?

What about printing? (this is the most likely invitation for the crude jokes) Granted, people don't generally stand around looking at your crotch, but suppose someone does? Is it well hidden or is it obvious that you have something "unnatural" there?

I thought about ordering a Smartcarry to try it out because of their return policy, but I want to do some preliminary research first.

What sayeth ya'll?
    Springer - I think I addressed all your questions in this earlier thread:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...y-methods.html

Hope that helps!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    I caught that and I sort of went: .

I would really like to see pictures of this. Is it sort of a Smart Carry OC? You say you cover it with a shirt, but...

Clarify?

If ya think about it, when worn this way, it is an OWB holster worn at 12 o'clock. Your OWB at 4 o'clock is covered by a shirt (or maybe a vest or jacket)... so is mine. But I don't have to reach behind my back to retrieve my pistol, and I don't have to untuck my shirt first like a tuckable IWB.

CCWGuy mentions retention... this might be an issue if you are standing on your head, or maybe if you were wrestling around on the ground, but I don't see a problem. The holster is tight enough to have some "grab", and the weight of the weapon keeps it "in the pocket".

Any SmartCarry owners here ever drop their gun, or even come close? Never happened to me...

I am painfully busy these days, but I will try to shoot some photos of this...

i carry a 4 inch S&W 625 .44 mag in a smart carry. It was custom made by them and it does not print. Sure I have to wear a size bigger pants.

Smart carry is great.

I am big at 6'3" 280lbs.

Any SmartCarry owners here ever drop their gun, or even come close? Never happened to me...
    Not out of a SmartCarry, but I dropped one out of a cheap nylon IWB holster once. Didn't help that I had 2 IWB's at the time.

Hard to drop one out of a SC.

Thanks for the info!

Pictures would be great, but it makes some more sense now.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links