I found something interesting about IWB

This is a discussion on I found something interesting about IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by EvilMonk Leather has that quality. I think that I will only use kydex for my IWB holsters. I like the look and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I found something interesting about IWB

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk View Post
    Leather has that quality. I think that I will only use kydex for my IWB holsters. I like the look and versatility of leather (the BOP looks like a real winner...), but the convenient "pull" of kydex gets my vote. Not to mention the guaranteed ability to re-holster one handed and easily, at that.

Maybe I'll try it (leather IWB) out someday just for the options...
    I have a leather IWB with double stiching and a re-enforced mouth that does NOT collapse. I can draw and reholster 1 handed no problem. Here's a pic, Thanks to Dave & George at Little Bear Holsters for hooking me up with such an awesome product. It doesn't hold the gun, instead it retains it until I choose for it to release. It's smooth and fast. All leather needs to break in as well. Kydex does not. Kydex is more of a snatch and grab, but with a Leather holster it's a smooth single continuous release after the break in. There's various methods of break in, I like the plastic bag trick. Wrap your gun in a ziplock bag or something similar and stick it in the holster (mag pouch can work the same way). Keep it there for 24hours. Then try it. The leather should have stretched enough to allow you to unholster your weapon easily and smoothly.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

Greeting Rollo,
    I'm glad your finely comfortable. I to carry a Glock 22 I.W.B on the right side and have for many years. I have six or seven market holster's also. But to fined real comfort I had to go to a custom holster one that would let me take hold of the butt with a natural grip keeping my finger to ride to the side of the slide.. It's slightly slanted with the muzzle in and the grip out just enough for a good hold!. A custom holster maybe your answer! as to the ride up during the draw a smooth fast action should help with the ride problem. I think a small amount of lift is normal and exceptable.. NOTICE I SAID A SMALL AMOUNT....
    Anyway good luck with the comfort thing!!!!!!!!!!!
    Minas..

cmdrdredd,

Nice Leather you got there! I don't have anything against it understand, I just (perhaps in my rookie status) feel more confident as yet with that which I know will work.

Further and proper entry into leather carry may yet bear fruit!

Plus, I can't afford works of art like yours yet so...

Ziploc baggies you say? I'll try that out on my Galcos and see...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I also used to do that, and until I got a proper belt, I pretty much had to. Even when I got the proper belt, I still did it. One day I decided to loosen it up a little, and walla, alot more comfortable, and easier to wear with no difference in concealibility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links