Shoulder rig for big guy

This is a discussion on Shoulder rig for big guy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone I need some advise on a shoulder rig. Im 6'2" about 375 lbs very broad shoulders. I'm looking at a shoulder rig for ...

Thread: Shoulder rig for big guy

Shoulder rig for big guy

Hey everyone I need some advise on a shoulder rig. Im 6'2" about 375 lbs very broad shoulders. I'm looking at a shoulder rig for my Taurus pt92. I was looking at the miami classic II from Galco and was just wondering if it would fit right. I am most worried about the width of the rig compared to my shoulders, has any big men tried this rig, or any shoulder rig for that matter.

2. Remove Ads

I would suggest you try giving them a call. Being a large company I don't know what their customer support is like or how responsive they will be.

You may want to take a look at some of the custom makers that do shoulder holsters. My bet is they will be willing to work with you to get you what you want. Check out the holster makers list on this forum.
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Try Alesssi out. Don't know how they are doing since Mr. Alessi passed but Mr. Alessi would work with the customer on his rigs.
    My 19 and Bodyguard are a great combo and make concealing and comfortably carrying the snubby a breeze.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I am shorter and heavier than you. I have one shoulder holster, and even with the straps let out all of the way, it hangs the pistol so far to the rear that getting a grip is almost impossible. It does conceal very well under a sweatshirt, as the pistol is entirely hidden by my arm. Accessing the gun involves using the off hand to shove the holster forward enough for the shooting hand to get a grip. A similar problem with the spare magazines on the opposite side, which makes reloading a very slow process. For concealment it is hard to beat. For ease of access and speed of draw, nothing could be worse.

Thumbs up

Call Jim Noble Company@ (360) 695-1309. Ask him about the Dan West Supreme shoulder rig. He can set this up to accomodate any pistol/revolver from a Jennings .22/.25 to a Desert Eagle. (The entire holster will be custom fit to fit YOUR body and handgun!)

Scott

Administrator
    The Galco shoulder holster harness straps are shipped Very Long so that you can set the adjustment exactly where you want.

You might want to give Galco International a quick buzz and see if you can order your shoulder rig with straps even longer than that.

Order directly from Galco and check one out. Here Go Da Link. http://www.usgalco.com/Default.asp

You can return it within 10 days as long as you call for an RA Deck first. They have a no-hassle return policy.

Should you have a Galco product in need of return, exchange, or repair, simply contact our Returns & Repairs Dept. at 623-434-7070 or 800-874-2526 or on the Contact Us page of this web site.

Claims for returns or exchanges must be made within ten days of receiving the product. No returns will be accepted without prior factory authorization. Return shipping is at the buyers expense and item(s) may be subject to a 20% restocking charge, any refunds will not include shipping and handling. Returns cannot be accepted for items that are discontinued, used, non-stocked, custom made, altered, or not purchased directly from Galco. Parcels without an RA# printed clearly on the outside of the shipping container will be refused.

Galco uses only the highest quality materials. However, we do not manufacture all of the component pieces used in our products. Therefore, there may be occasions when a repair is necessary. We will give you a factory Return Authorization Number (RA#) and instructions for shipping your product. Items without a factory Return Authorization Number (RA#), printed clearly on the outside label, will not be accepted by our Receiving Department. Repairs cannot be made on items that have been altered or customized. We will extend every effort to make the necessary repair quickly and return the product to you promptly. If there is a charge for your repair you will be notified before the work is performed.

Thanks everyone for the great responses!

I don't have the problem you have. I am 5'6" and 170 pounds. I am, however, broad through the shoulders, thick through the chest, and very narrow throught the waist (yeah, try to get a suit to fit someone like me - 44 short with a 30 inch waist). Belt holsters pull my pants down no matter what kind of belt I am wearing. My Galco Shoulder Holsters are exceptional. I have one for 1911's and I have one for my Beretta 92.

If it sounds like I am "stumping" for Galco Shoulder Holsters, I am! They are very good.

I am 6'3'' and weigh 260 and recently purchased the shoulder holster in the pic from Cabelas for my all steel 1911 Commander. It has worked great for me and I recommend it highly.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Links