Opinions Needed! KAHR PM9 CC

This is a discussion on Opinions Needed! KAHR PM9 CC within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I searched the forum for PM9 holsters, but most of the pics are dead links. I have been carrying everything from a custom 1911s to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Needed! KAHR PM9 CC

Opinions Needed! KAHR PM9 CC

I searched the forum for PM9 holsters, but most of the pics are dead links.

I have been carrying everything from a custom 1911s to Glocks in shoulder holsters, OWB and even ankle holsters. However, I have gotten to the point I leave my gun at home for too often just because I donít feel like wearing a jacket or vest, and the ankle draw just doesnít seem to be very effective. No to mention the fact I wear shorts all summer.

I have never carried IWB because I was concerned about comfort, and Iím not really into small guns. I got a wild hair and bought a KAHR PM9 the other day, so Iím looking for opinions on IWB holsters. Iím thinking about appendix carry, but Iím not limited to that. I donít tuck my shirt, but most of my shirts wouldnít cover an OWB very well.

So far I like the C-TAC, and the Tuck This II. Although, I have read the Tuck This II is not comfortable.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I carry my Kahr PM40 in a Tuck This II. I don't find it to be uncomfortable and I like that it makes it very easy to carry a spare mag. I keep 5+1 loaded with the 6 rounder in the holster. You could also consider pocket carry. I carry the PM40 in a Nemisis on occasion.

Yea I'm thinking I will pick a pocket holster up as well. Since I wear cargo shorts all summer long I have plenty of pockets. I even saw a cargo pants pocket holster the other day that would work quite well.

I've got a C-Tac, the tuck model. Its a very good retention and draw holster but is a bit uncomfortable and bulkier than it needs to be. Also its clip is just too noticeable for my paranoid tastes. I've also got a JS Leather pocket holster. Nice looking holster, prints like a (huge) wallet, but terrible draw from many types of pants.

I've got a cheap blackhawk IWB polyster. This works great when you don't need a tuck.

I finally found my tuck solution, the Galco leather tuck and go. The label says its for P9 and other models but it works great with PM9. It rides very low and adds very little perceptible bulge to the belt line. Its tuck clip keeps your shirt tucked against the holster, so you just tuck, blouse and forget about it. The J-clip rides under the belt and is barely noticeable. Very clean draws even with a thin, weak belt.

I've also ordered a size 3 uncle mike's pocket holster, heard good things about this very cheap pocket holster (I spent like $65 on that JS grr).

I love my SuperTuck. It has molded to my body and is super comfortable. They also make an appendix carry version.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

I carry mine in a simple Uncle Mikes IWB. Super soft and comfortable, moisture resistant, its perfect IMO.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

For pocket holsters, try:
    Graham's Custom Gun Leather

Really impressive pocket holsters for the Kahr PM9. There is one that holds a spare magazine and works great in cargo shorts.

I don't regularly carry a spare magazine with my full size auto, but with my PM9 I feel more comfortable with a spare.

Good luck and remember the 200 round break in period with the PM9. It's a totally different gun after 180 rounds.

Crosbreed Mini-Tuck for the PM9...very comfortable, quick shipping!
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

Boooyah, I just ordered the Crossbreed Mini-tuck, but keep the suggestions coming as I'm not one to buy just one holster. Thanks for the reply so far.

Check out the Kahr forum on GlockTalk. There are a number of threads on holsters for the PM9. I have several, including IWB, OWB, pocket and shoulder. Also, I have a customer elephant skin one for IWB (tuckable) from Little Bear Holsters. Many, many options out there (Wild Bill, Grandfather Oak, High Noon, Crossbreed, Bear Claw, Mernickle, and many others).

I carry my MK9 appendix in a High Noon Mr. Softy and the wife wears hers cross draw in Down Under w/ Clip.

The Mr. Softy is very reasonable with quick turn around. No sweat shield is why the wife got the Down Under.

Check out the Kahr forum here, KahrTalk Forums - Powered by vBulletin I'm sure they should be able to help ya out... Good luck
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Ė Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Ė Thomas Jefferson

I have a PM9 I carry in the 1:30 position OWB in a U.S. High ride from Rusty Sherrick, it is my most comfortable carry combination. I have too much around the middle (still) to comfortably carry AIWB, but find this is just as concealable.

Good luck.

I IWB carry my PM9 in a Littlebear, it is very comfortable. I just ordered an IWB from SideGuard that will fit my PM9 with a Crimson Trace Laser. I also have a Desantis for pocket carry, but I find IWB with the PM9 more comfortable than pocket carry with shorts or jeans. The only time I pocket carry is in the winter when it might take too long to get under all the layers to get at a IWB holster

PagerPal holster

I use the Pagerpal holster when I carry my Kahr PM9. It's very comfortable for me and is deep concealment. Never have to worry about reaching for something and having my firearm exposed. I like it.
    Attached Images
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links