11:00 carry, Anoyone else do this?

This is a discussion on 11:00 carry, Anoyone else do this? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been experimenting with different carry positions. My normal carry is IWB at about 3:00 to 3:30, but sometimes it still bulges more than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11:00 carry, Anoyone else do this?

11:00 carry, Anoyone else do this?

I have been experimenting with different carry positions. My normal carry is IWB at about 3:00 to 3:30, but sometimes it still bulges more than I like. I have found that at 11:00 to 11:30 that gun disappears. It seems that this would be a better carry position when in a car since the seat belt may get in the way. I just have to be careful when sitting and standing up.

It seems to be more comfortable, and I am not getting any pains like I do when I carry on the hip.

I was just wondering if anyone else carries at 11:00, and if there any reason this would not be a good carry position.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Personally, I don't like guns pointed at my junk.

I'm just kinda funny that way...

My muzzle is pointed at my leg, not my "junk". If the trigger is covered with a good holster, where is the problem?

Occasionally my Glock 17 in a Huntington "Wedge" holster made by Jerry at Haugen Handgun Leather. Not too often.

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    No way......I have that tool shed to deal with and I don't want the muzzle pointed directly at my leg.
    [One Nation Under God]

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    If it's junk, why are you worried about it?

I much prefer a carry position that places the barrel away from any body parts. To carry at 11:00 would place the barrel aiming straight at the femoral artery which isn't good IMO.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

You left handed or right handed? Occasionally, I'll do 1 o'clock appendix carry. I just don't see with what I carry how I'd hide a pistol grip at 11 o'clock.
    My muzzle is pointed at my leg, not my "junk". If the trigger is covered with a good holster, where is the problem?
    Alternatives are always good. Usually when someone posts about their favorite carry method, or new discovery, it's something that works rather well for them and has for a period of time. Others tend to not stray too far away from the sides of the 'box' once they're out so it's always good for them to ponder how others may never have been in the box to start with. I would toy with the idea of 11 o'clock carry as you've suggested......if only I had a straight drop or counter-car-jacking cant holster to test. Stand your ground on your carry methods and what works best for you even with hints of ridicule. I just hope nobody ever gets hurt doing something silly while in search of means for alternative carry.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

I'm just kinda funny that way...
    I don't have junk; I have genitalia - and everything's in excellent condition.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Right-handed I may use this from time to time at around 11:00...

FIST, INC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Due to a medical condition call "Frozen Shoulder" 1:00 is the only way I can carry. Not crazy about it pointing at the femoral artery either but it is a great place to carry since I am conditioned to go to the front with pocket carry also. Drawing from cover like pulling up a shirt seems to be much faster than at 3:00 to me.

I personally (righthanded) prefer 3:00 or 5:00 depending on what I'm planning on doing during the day. My father (lefthanded) however, is most comfortable carrying at 11:00.

1:00 mucho time.
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

I carry at 11:00 in a Smartcarry. It's lower, so no issues with the gun pointing at my femoral artery.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

8:30 if I blow off a chunka buttocks I will live thru it,I just may not be able to sit on one cheek fer a few weeks
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links