Picture request of pocket carry.

This is a discussion on Picture request of pocket carry. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've browsed the picture thread in this forum, but I haven't found enough of what I'm looking for. I was curious if any of the ...

Thread: Picture request of pocket carry.

Picture request of pocket carry.

I've browsed the picture thread in this forum, but I haven't found enough of what I'm looking for.

I was curious if any of the members here have pictures of their snubbie in a pocket holster actually on them. Most pictures I've found is just of the holster and gun.

I'd like to see what to expect with a snubbie in my pocket while wearing jeans. Standing/sitting etc.

I can only imagine that its going to print like a *******. But I'm considering selling my glock 26 for the new ruger lcr.

Derek

2. Remove Ads

Hi Derek I don't have any pics as my digicam was stolen :-( I will tell you that I pocket carry a S&W 340 M&P every day in my right front pocket. I carry it in a uncle mikes nylon pocket holster and while it does print a little,it looks like a wallet not a gun. The key to comfortable/discreet pocket carry is to buy pants with looser/deep pockets.

I find for my here in FL cargo shorts/pants,kakis with deep and loose pockets and relaxed fit jeans that fit the leg loosely work best. When you go to buy pants while in the dressing room unload your gun for safety and put the gun/holster in the pockets of the pants as you try on different styles. Be sure to sit and move around to see how the gun works in these pants pockets and be sure the pockets are deep enough,so the guns grip doesn't stick out and you should be fine.

I find pocket carry is a great option especially here in the summer where it gets very hot. By the way welcome to defensive carry and where in Mass. are you from? I lived in Milton before moving to FL.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Also Hi Derek, No pics sorry but I carry a Kel Tec P3AT pocket carry in a Uncle Mikes #2 pocket holster and it works well for me. Also have carried Kel Tec PF9 pocket carry in Uncle Mikes #4 pocket holster. One thing I found out about the P3AT and U M#2 is the holster needs about a 1/2 inch filler in the bottom of holster to make it work well for drawing from pocket. Looser pants and bigger pockets really work help when pocket carry.

Thank you for your responses. I live in Marlborough. Good idea moving out of this hell ridden state.

Part of the reason I want to switch to pocket carry is not only the comfort, but I'm also a broke college student and can make money on selling my G26 and buying the lcr. In MA G26's sell used for 650 or so.

Since finance is a roll in this, I can't afford to buy the LCR and holsters to find I cannot get pocket carry to work. I also don't want to be force to buy many other pairs of jeans to find the right pair.

... ANYWAY... thanks for the advice so far. Hopefully I can figure something out.

Any brand of jeans you guys find to work well?

Hi Derek,

If you get the pocket clip and magazine extension from KelTec you can use your pocket as a holster, without buying new jeans. A simple t-shirt will cover the pistol, you can quickly draw and fire, and sitting is no issue.

I've found the pocket holster concept a bit strange, as it prints even more. Got one from Blackhawk, looked really, really weird.

Carrying the keltec P3-AT (similar to the LCR) in the pocket by itself hardly printed at all... Carried this way around various people and they never noticed.

What's really nice, is that you can stow the pistol quickly without having to take off a holster, undo the belt, etc.

I can get you a picture if you're genuinely interested.

Best Regards,
    Ensiferum

I appreciate your offer but I'm more interested in small revolvers, not the kel tecs. If the holster is available for both then I would be interested in pictures of what you're describing. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    considering selling my glock 26 for the new ruger lcr.

Derek
    Why in the world would you want to do that....

IMO, that's like tradin down....
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Hey Derek,
    I pocket carry every day with a Ruger LCP and a Mika round or square cut pocket holster depending on the shape of the pants pocket. Virtually un-noticable in cargo shorts or loose-cut dress/suit pants. Prints quite a bit in Dockers that are a little smaller cut and in jeans I have to go to the back, strong-side pocket with either the Mika or the DeSantis Nemesis. The bulge in the front jeans pocket is large enough to elicit "what's that" comments. And drawing from that tight jeans pocket isn't easy either.
    I have not pocket carried a revolver but I can only imagine that the printing issue is compounded significantly unless you buy 'baggy'.
    Used to get up to Marlborough on business. Am with 1911 on carry in FL. Cargo shorts and a T-shirt...and the LCP is invisible.
    Mackster

I wear Cinch jeans... I carry a Taurus 605 in it with no problem. I dont have a holster yet so it just bounces around in there for now!! If you want a pick of that I can post one???
    You can't go through life being afraid!!

Sig 229 .40, Taurus 605 .357, Keltec P32

I have a S&W 642 and several other pocketable small autos. I originally thought that the snubbie was going to print like an SOB, but found that just the opposite is true. The cylinder bulge breaks up the outline enough that you can't tell that it is a gun. Yes, you can tell that something is in my pocket, but nobody can tell what or is suspicious enough to ask. Get a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and you will be fine. Sorry, no pics.

I pocket carry a 642 almost all the time with jeans.

Here is a shot of gun and holster. The holster is just a simple Blackhawk IWB with the plastic clip removed. Most people I've noticed look down on holsters of this type for whatever reason. I've tried leather pocket holsters but none of them were thin enough to be comfortable and unobtrusive, so I went back to the cheapie that works.

Here is a couple of shots with it in the pocket (my right front). The Jeans are just your standard loose fit (Old Navy brand I think). Sorry about the quality, but my wife is at work and I had to use the timer function.

Straight on...

Side view...

Looking down...

I hope this helps some.

I'll try to get some pictures posted tonight

I sometimes carry my snub nose in a pocket holster. I wear loose fit jeans and straight legged jean shorts and it does not print much at all.
    I wear cotton dress slacks at work, and if they are full cut (I think the chinos from kmart are the best) the gun hides well in the pocket. The only time it prints is when sitting, it helps to take your hand and slide the gun over to the side as you sit. If the gun is sitting on top of the thigh when you sit it does print. The holster breaks up the outline of the gun enough that if someone does see something in the pocket, it does not look like a gun.

No one has ever noticed the gun when I pocket carry it. Non-gun people really are JUST NOT LOOKING, and not going to notice it.

thanks for the pics GMArthur you can't tell it's in there looks like a cell phone to me. i have too much crap in my pockets right now...have to clean some stuff out first.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Links