IWB...tough belt....reasonable price

This is a discussion on IWB...tough belt....reasonable price within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by chrise2004 So I've been wearing my newerish MTAC holster with my G27 in it around the house and taking it with me ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB...tough belt....reasonable price

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    So I've been wearing my newerish MTAC holster with my G27 in it around the house and taking it with me then wearing it when I get out of Illanoy. So far so good but I now realize why everyone says your gonna need a good belt. The one i have is about 7-8 years old and just isn't very stiff any more.

Well I looked through the forums and can't seem to find a thread on just belts so I figured I'd throw this hat in the ring.

So I'm looking for a good stiff belt that will be able to support the G27 in the MTAC. I'm trying to find one around the $20-$40 dollar range not the $75 and up range.

I've seen Cabela's Double Duty Belt and heard good things about this Cabela's belt but haven't ordered anything yet. So what do you ya'll think and what would you recommend that isn't expensive?

As always thanks in advance!
    -Chris

Try this link- $75.00 (blemished) reinforced Kydex belts for $50.00

Gun Belts & Apparel -

Hope this helps
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my friend, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

NRA CERTIFIED RIFLE & PISTOL INSTRUCTOR
    PROUD NRA LIFE MEMBER

2. Remove Ads

Thanks everyone for the links and ideas I'm going to go to St. Louis in a few weeks so I might drive around there to see if anybody has the uncle mike's or some other manufacturer's.

uziman2k: unfortunately I'm not a 30 waist so I can't get a Comp-Tac clearance belt...i wish i was a 30 waist but more like a 34-36 :) That's a great deal but just too small.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    I wear Wrangler cargos all the time with a Wilderness COM. No problem with a 1.5" belt. Are you using a 1.5" or 1.75" belt?
    Both are 1.5". They go through fine, but it's the excess strip with the velcro that I have a bit of trouble getting through.

Or do you stick this strip on the outside?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Nope, I stick it back through the loop.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Nope, I stick it back through the loop. Do you mean the jeans cargo or the kahki type? I don't have the jeans type.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

cmb
    May want to check your pants also, I have some dress pants that 1 1/2" belts do not fit... not to mention the extra when you latch it,if it is a 1/4" in thick now you have 1/2" to put in one loop... jeans and cargos, no prob but some dress pants don't have loops that wide or meant for that thickness.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    You can try the 5.11 leather belts. They are good belts for the price. LAPolice Gear has a special deal right now, you buy a pair of 5.11 Covert Khaki pants for $24.99 and get a free leather belt. I bought some of these earlier this year and have been happy with them.
    Darn good belt for the money!!! I'd recommend it with no reservations. Gave one to my LEO daughter 2 years ago and it's holding up very well. I have 2 I purchsed a few years back and they too are doing well.

I also have an HBE Leatherworks and a Beltman in brown and black. They will easily outlast the 5.11 but are much more expensive. I'd recommend the 5.11 for a temp and save your pocket change up for a Beltman or an HBE. My HBE and Beltman are 4 years old and have daily packed a 1911, H&K P7 or a S&W model 657 .41 mag. All heavy guns and the belts look brand new.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

i wanted to post an update....

I got The Wilderness instructor belt 1 and 1/2" black belt and I LOVE IT! I wore my MTAC with G27 in it all day yesterday while i was at home at it worked like a charm. I am a 34 waist in pants/shorts and i went with how they suggested to measure a belt you currently use and got the size from the measurement which was a 38". It fit like a charm with plenty of room in case i wanna loose or gain a few. We're heading to STL this weekend to the galleria so that will be my first all day excursion with this belt/setup.

Thanks again everyone for the help.

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Little Bear has good quality custom gun belts between $45 to $55, you can get fancy with exotic leather if you like for a bit more $:

http://littlebearholsters dot com/belts_mag_sheaths_pocket_holsters

or

Blackhawk belts for concealed carry:

http://www.blackhawk dot com/product/CQC-Pistol-Belts,794,61.htm

I searched the web and got mine for under $35
    ThrillSeeker
    GSSF Member Certified Glock Armorer
    "Let your greatest action be victory, not lengthy campaigns."

Http://littlebearholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not exactly for dress, but for anything else...

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC ...it works very well.
    great belt. get a 5 stitch.

Be careful you don't end up spending more looking for a cheap belt than just getting the proper belt. I have a belt from 5.11 and Cabelas in the closet.
    I wear my Beltman every day.

PHB
    Check out Black Hawk web site I just bought A Black hawk and it is great a little stiff but very well made and under 50.00.

Good luck
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." -- President John F. Kennedy

thanks guys for the ideas. since primarily when i go out of state I'm wearing jeans the wilderness one will work great for now. i did get the 5 stitch belt. i plan on getting a dressier one either today while we're in STL or ordering one online sometime.

NRA Member/Supporter

+1 Wilderness Instructor Belt 1.5...Great Belt!

I've seen quite a few posts about the Uncle Mikes Instructor belt. Here is a link to a company that I dealt with for a number of years while in the Navy in Va. Beach. Their riggers belt works great with various holster set ups, especially with a tactical thiegh holster.
    http://www.londonbridgetrading.com/m...A-53429E954CBB
    London Bridge does all the custom gear work for the east coast SEAL Teams. Their products are second to none.
    Dave R.
    Retired Navy GMC(SW)
    "Remember the Cole"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links