IWB...tough belt....reasonable price

This is a discussion on IWB...tough belt....reasonable price within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've been wearing my newerish MTAC holster with my G27 in it around the house and taking it with me then wearing it when ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB...tough belt....reasonable price

Question IWB...tough belt....reasonable price

So I've been wearing my newerish MTAC holster with my G27 in it around the house and taking it with me then wearing it when I get out of Illanoy. So far so good but I now realize why everyone says your gonna need a good belt. The one i have is about 7-8 years old and just isn't very stiff any more.

Well I looked through the forums and can't seem to find a thread on just belts so I figured I'd throw this hat in the ring.

So I'm looking for a good stiff belt that will be able to support the G27 in the MTAC. I'm trying to find one around the $20-$40 dollar range not the $75 and up range.

I've seen Cabela's Double Duty Belt and heard good things about this Cabela's belt but haven't ordered anything yet. So what do you ya'll think and what would you recommend that isn't expensive?

As always thanks in advance!
    -Chris
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

I'd like to know too as I'm in the market aswell!

Not exactly for dress, but for anything else...

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC ...it works very well.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    The Cabelas Double Duty is OK. IMO it needs a different buckle as the one that comes with it is a pain. I changed the buckle on mine and wear it daily.

It does get pretty scuffed up looking pretty quick (on the section that threads through the buckle), but other than that, I think it is worth it's price range.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I like the Uncle Mike's Instructor belt. It holds my XD9SC in the XD Gear OWB paddle holster tightly against my body. The Velcro fastener makes it infinitely adjustable.

thanks everyone for the recommendations i think i'm going try out the uncle mike's since it got good reviews and is pretty inexpensive! thanks again.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    You can try the 5.11 leather belts. They are good belts for the price. LAPolice Gear has a special deal right now, you buy a pair of 5.11 Covert Khaki pants for $24.99 and get a free leather belt. I bought some of these earlier this year and have been happy with them.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Red Diamond carries the Don Hume B109L Belt for $35.

I'd go for the 5.11 deal, but they dont have my size

kpw
    Here is a list from a different thread. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ml#post1327698
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

A decent belt is a must for CC, but.....IMO. a lesser belt will do for IWB more than it will for OWB. Take that any way you want to.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    You can try the 5.11 leather belts. They are good belts for the price. LAPolice Gear has a special deal right now, you buy a pair of 5.11 Covert Khaki pants for $24.99 and get a free leather belt. I bought some of these earlier this year and have been happy with them.

This is an exceptional deal.........I should know I did it three times. The belts are VG quality and so are the pants, hard to beat this deal.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Here's a little secret... Amish made belts are well made, thick enough for gun support (double thick leather) and inexpensive!

www.hanksclothing.com (search for "Amish Belts")
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Not exactly for dress, but for anything else...

Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC ...it works very well.
    I have a Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor Belt, as well as an Uncle Mike's imported copy. Yeah, they're extremely tough but they're also a dead giveaway that you're wearing a gun. Of course, with an untucked shirt and the belt not visible, this wouldn't be a problem.

An issue I've had is that they don't really work with the Wrangler cargo pants I usually wear because they're too thick for the belt loops.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Here's a little secret... Amish made belts are well made, thick enough for gun support (double thick leather) and inexpensive!
    I wonder how the Amish would feel if they knew you were using their belts for concealed carry... Aren't they the original sheep?
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    An issue I've had is that they don't really work with the Wrangler cargo pants I usually wear because they're too thick for the belt loops.
    I wear Wrangler cargos all the time with a Wilderness COM. No problem with a 1.5" belt. Are you using a 1.5" or 1.75" belt?
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links