Mika Holster??

This is a discussion on Mika Holster?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone received a Mika Holster recently? I ordered mine in March and was told there was a 8-12 week wait time. We are now ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mika Holster??

Mika Holster??

Has anyone received a Mika Holster recently?

I ordered mine in March and was told there was a 8-12 week wait time. We are now on week 26 and I have heard nothing. I have tried emailing Mika and got no response.

Not very happy at this point. I have tried sending one more email but after that I will be contacting paypal to file a complaint and get my money refunded.

Just looking for honest business and I dont feel that I have found that with Mika.

2. Remove Ads

Have you contacted Bob Mika and asked about the status of the order? Something may have gone wrong...

Send him an e-mail and I assure you you'll get a prompt reply--here's his address:

akim@frontiernet.net

Let us know how it turns out.

Ron
    He has always promptly responded to my e-mails. Try him again.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

He is a stand up guy...I had a problem with my order at first and he took care of it very promptly. May just be an honest mistake. Try contacting him again.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Finally got a reply after contacting Paypal...

HI,
    I received notification that you posted a complaint with paypal. I just issued you a refund via paypal. Can you please advise them that this matter has been resolved. My apology for being so tardy with your order. I was really fooling myself that I could knock these holsters out in the time frame I quoted, especially with the flood of orders that came in after that article was published in American Handguner Magazine. It was mind boggeling. It was also totally unfair to my customers and as such I have become more realistic about the turn around time. At the end of the coming month the wait time is going up to 6-8 months plus a price increase will come into effect. By the end of this year I hope to be caught up with my backlog orders and then come back to a more reasonalbe wait time of 3-4 weeks.
    Thanks,
    R.Mika

Can't get more standup than that.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Mika Holsters

I can offer nothing but praise for how Robert Mika conducts his business. It's not often that you deal with an artisan/owner that exhibits this level of customer service.

I had a problem with an order (shipped the wrong size holster) but when this was brought to his attention via email there was an almost immediate response and another was sent out to me quickly with instructions to keep the one sent in error and give it to a friend.

I own both his square and round cut pocket holsters. Not only are they excellent (well-made, easy to draw from and will not pull out of the pocket along with the gun) products but you can count on Mika to do the right thing when it comes to his customers.

He's earned me as a customer for life. As soon as he works through the backlog, I'm hoping he expands the product line to IWB so I can buy another.

Mackster

Quote Originally Posted by Budrbean View Post
    ......but after that I will be contacting paypal to file a complaint and get my money refunded.
    LOL, about the only thing you are going to get from Paypal is YOUR ACCOUNT CANCELLED for making a gun related purchase. You know how anti-gun they are.

On a serious note, I have done business with Bob in the past and have only positive things to say about his attitude and business ethic.

I'm sure he will respond to your email and provide a status update. There are a million reasons why he might not be responding. Don't presume the worst for a guy that has a stellar reputation on the internet.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Budrbean View Post
    Finally got a reply after contacting Paypal...

HI,
    I received notification that you posted a complaint with paypal. I just issued you a refund via paypal. Can you please advise them that this matter has been resolved. My apology for being so tardy with your order. I was really fooling myself that I could knock these holsters out in the time frame I quoted, especially with the flood of orders that came in after that article was published in American Handguner Magazine. It was mind boggeling. It was also totally unfair to my customers and as such I have become more realistic about the turn around time. At the end of the coming month the wait time is going up to 6-8 months plus a price increase will come into effect. By the end of this year I hope to be caught up with my backlog orders and then come back to a more reasonalbe wait time of 3-4 weeks.
    Thanks,
    R.Mika
    Getting your money refunded for an order that was never filled was the least he could have done after 26 weeks of waiting. Everything he wrote in the above should have been sent to everyone on his backlog list with a simple apology for the delay.

If you still want one of his holsters it appears that you're now looking at a 6-8 month wait all over again (because your last order got cancelled) AND a price increase on top of that.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    He is a stand up guy. I ordered from him about a year ago. He quoted me a delivery date of about 2-3 weeks. He even called me on a saturday to confirm the details of the order. I had to go out of town after that and I didn't even think about it until about 6 weeks had passed.

I e-mailed him about the status of my holster. He replied that he had some personal issues and had misplaced my paperwork. He was very apologetic and sent me my holster within 3 days and refunded my money. When I contacted him about paying for my holster, he wouldn't hear of it.

I will gladly order from him again if I ever need another pocket holster.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I've had nothing but good service from Mika's. The first holster took about 8 weeks, the second, ordered for my son, made it in 2 weeks! The man makes and excellent product. I have a third on order now.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Robert makes great holsters and is an honest person with good intentions but like a lot of holster makers, he isn't the best when it comes to business and staying organized.

I finally got my holster but it took a lot of emails, receiving orders that weren't mine, having to mail stuff back, hearing it is going to be done next week 3 times over 2 months etc......

I ordered in February and received one about 3 weeks ago.

VIP Member
    Like all quality holster makers, once the word gets out, the wait gets longer! But a Mika holster is worth the wait!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I had the chance to e-mail him today to get details on the ordering of a holster even though I had the info from the forum. A friend of mine had told me that he had recently placed an order and would be getting it in a few weeks. I passed along the info from the site and he contacted him. They could not reach and agreement on the new time frame and he settled for another color holster that was in stock. I sent an e-mail because his web page was out of date about turnaround time. I received a reply promply but I feel his response will a bit arrogant. He went into some about the volume of orders but what bothered me was he made no indication about correcting the web page and worst of all he said there would be a price increase because that is what his holsters were worth. Some of these guys forget about the customer and more about themselves. I am not going to ever place and order with him. Period!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links