Best outside the pants conceal carry holster for a fullsize glock

This is a discussion on Best outside the pants conceal carry holster for a fullsize glock within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am really fond of the Milt Sparks I-Bak,it is completely molded to the outside,which solves the age old problem associated with pancake holsters,of the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best outside the pants conceal carry holster for a fullsize glock

I am really fond of the Milt Sparks I-Bak,it is completely molded to the outside,which solves the age old problem associated with pancake holsters,of the holster collapsing when the pistol is drawn.

This allows the holster to be extremely thin without the need for a reinforced mouth,and very comfortable due to the flat back.

The I-Bak and a full size Glock,are a match made in heaven.

2. Remove Ads

My favorite is the HF-1 from Tucker Gunleather.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Laredo Defender from K&D. I have one for my Glock 22 and my Glock 27. Kevin makes a fine quality holster.
    Copy-of-Copy-of-GLOCK--Lare.jpg
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Laredo Defender from K&D. I have one for my Glock 22 and my Glock 27. Kevin makes a fine quality holster.
    Copy-of-Copy-of-GLOCK--Lare.jpg
    Mike
    Most definitely.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Richard Henry Lee 1788

Comp-Tac Minotaur

Awaiting my CHL, I was getting very frustrated as to finding a concealed carry method that was comfortable and that actually concealed my weapon. Then I purchased a gently used Glock 27 that came with a Com-Tac Minotaur holster. It is the open model that accomodates my Glock 22 as well. Finally, a comfortable holster that I was really able to conceal (your shirtail can tuck in between the gun/holster and the belt clips). The regular clips work well, but then you can see them hanging on the belt. Mine has velcro on the outside of wider clips. I've purchased a couple of BlackHawk CQC Pistol Belts and plan to take them to the local shoe repair to have velcro sewn inside the belt. This will allow me to hang the clips over my pants with them fastened to the belt by velcro. Now my frustrations have abated.

At the moment the only OWB holster that I have is the Don Hume 721 OT. I love it and it carries my G23C close to the body and is comfortable all day long.

I do have a OWB holster from Barber Leather Works on order so I can't wait to see how that fits. If it's anything like his IWB fit that will be my new favorite.

+1 On the Don Hume 721 OT. Looks great, fits great, excellent quality and reasonably priced. What's not to like?

When I carried a Glock I found that SIDEARMOR holsters were really hard to beat. Well made, secure on the belt, and they have terrific customer service
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

The best I have found after 14 years is the Bianchi Carryloc, have them for a few of my carry guns, YMMV.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

There are too many "bests" in this thread. Holsters are personal preference. Materials, style, maker, cant, everything. I think 95% of holsters made today have too much cant to them.

If you've got the coin I'd look at Kramer. Other good ones are FIST, Mitch Rosen. Some Galco stuff is alright, Don Hume 721OT seems to get a lot of good reviews as well and it's affordable.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Good thread. I'm interested in an OWB for my Glock G33 also. Mine would be used a lot while hog hunting as a backup sidearm. Is an OWB a good choice here or should I go with a shoulder holster? I mostly carry it IWB now in either a FIST K4A or Brommeland Max Con V but an OWB would be helpful when I don't need maximum concealment. The Def-Con and Laredo Defender look good but are they the best for my hunting needs?

Try these, I have several, easily convertible from IWB to OWB.

The Malabar Front
    "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redneck47441 View Post
    What's agreeably the best outside the pants holster for a fullsize I see lots giving different opinions but what's suggested the most!
    Its human nature for most people to justify their purchases by saying its the best. Why else would someone as smart and imformed as me have purchased it anyway if it was not the best? There are many quality OWB holster options for the Glock so its not really possible to say whats best if you have not had the opportunity to have tried them all. Its almost like asking what pair of shoes is best for size 10 feet! To many varibles to have someone pick for you. Many of the holsters suggested here are very good options IMO, but best is totally subjective.

I will say as others have also stated the Don Hume brand is quality leather at a good price. Not the best quality out there but hard to beat for the money. These guys linked below are great to deal with and sell most all Hume products at the best prices on the web I have found. I live 5 miles from their little store in Cary NC and I drop buy and shoot the breeze with them every now and then. Real great guys to deal with.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/

Apparently I am on a personal quest to own at least one holster made by every maker know to man........its another form of firearms related sickness. These are just the ones I am playing with now.... many more hidden from the wifes view!

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Have you give the Galco FLETCH High Ride holster. I have used one for over 12 yrs. I also sometimes use the Blackhawk Serpa holster but it does not conceal as well as the Galco.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links