Holster help (High Noon)

Holster help (High Noon)

This is a discussion on Holster help (High Noon) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a few holsters from High Noon, since they have a great return policy and I'm new enough to need to be able to ...

Thread: Holster help (High Noon)

Holster help (High Noon)

I ordered a few holsters from High Noon, since they have a great return policy and I'm new enough to need to be able to return what won't work.

I got the Bare Asset model, whose main attribute is that it's very thin leather.

I know leather needs break in time, though this holster is supposed to fit several guns, not just mine.

As near as I can figure, there is no way this holster will ever fully cover my trigger guard.

I think it needs to go back.

Am I missing something?

I also got a Public Secret that is stiff leather and on the thick side. I'm thinking it also needs to go back just because I can't fathom it being comfy. I'm afraid to break it in because I don't know if they'd still accept the return after a break-in period. Does anyone have this holster and love it?

The tuckable I got from them is very comfy and works pretty well for an inexpensive holster.

But so far, my favorite is my kydex from Fist.

I have 2 Walthers, a P99 fullsize in .40S&W and a Walther P99C in 9mm.

I have a High Noon for each and the trigger guard is covered.

The photo is of the P99 fullsized.

bosco
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    The Public Secret is thick because it has a reinforced opening for one handed re-holstering. If you are unsure about them, send them back. They have excellent customer service.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Boscobeans,
    How do you like the synthetic leather? Is it holding up well?

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

After several months, I can say there is not one, not one, sign of wear that I can spot on the holster. The finish seems to be very tough and the fit is as good as any custom holster, boned or wet fitted that I have had. The cant is perfect (for me) and the pistol is held close to the body. I wear it with a Galco double leather handgun belt.

Retention is great and has not changed from when it was first broken in (this took one day in the shipping package). The mouth of the holster does stay open enough for the pistol to be reholstered, but it is TO BE DONE CAREFULLY as is reholstering any pistol.

Looks like it will hold up for quite a while.
    Good bang for the buck purchase on my part...

bosco

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    I ordered a few holsters from High Noon, since they have a great return policy and I'm new enough to need to be able to return what won't work.

I got the Bare Asset model, whose main attribute is that it's very thin leather.

I know leather needs break in time, though this holster is supposed to fit several guns, not just mine.

As near as I can figure, there is no way this holster will ever fully cover my trigger guard.

Am I missing something?

I also got a Public Secret that is stiff leather and on the thick side. I'm thinking it also needs to go back just because I can't fathom it being comfy. I'm afraid to break it in because I don't know if they'd still accept the return after a break-in period. Does anyone have this holster and love it?

The tuckable I got from them is very comfy and works pretty well for an inexpensive holster.
    What gun did you get the Bare Asset for? Maybe its not seated all the way down?

The Public Secret w/clip is thick and has to be , its an extreme duty holster with all the bells and whistles one could want. You have to give yourself a chance to get used to any new form of carry. Also you have to figure out what you need in a holster. If you do not need the one handed reholstering you can go to the thinner holsters. You just have to know what job are you trying to get done, then the choice becomes easy.

Alex

I got the Bare Asset for the PM9 and it seems like it can't seat all the way down. IOW, it seems like more than just a break in period problem. I can't see how the trigger will be covered. It just doesn't seem like the holster is suited for the gun. Am I missing something? It lists the PM9 on the bag.

The Public Secret sounds like it's not the right holster for me. I don't need one-handed but really need thin.

Thanks, Alex. Your customer service is truly stellar!

Administrator
    Phoebe, I have the same holster for my PM9, it works great and the trigger housing is covered. I'm sure Alex will chime in soon enough and get you taken care of.

I can't say enough good things about High Noon... I have a few of 'em and I like the bare asset best for my PM9.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Am I missing something?.
    I bought a Mister Softy a couple of years ago for a Colt Defender. This is the straight-cant version of the Bare Asset and it fits like a glove (no pun intended).

This might sound lame and I don't mean to insult in any way, but have you adjusted the retention screw? Like you said, it's made to accommodate more than one model, so maybe it needs to be loosened a bit if the default setting is for a gun that's slightly smaller than yours.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

You might need to loosen the retention screw . Post a picture if you can,

SpringerXD, no offense taken as I am a newbie. So, if you're asking me to see if my computer is on, to figure out if that's why it's broken, that's okay.

I haven't tried to loosen the retention screw. I will do that and if it still seems like no-way-will-this-work, I will post a picture. Because the holster is VERY comfortable and I like the thinness of it.

SpringerXD, no offense taken as I am a newbie. So, if you're asking me to see if my computer is on, to figure out if that's why it's broken, that's okay.

I haven't tried to loosen the retention screw. I will do that and if it still seems like no-way-will-this-work, I will post a picture. Because the holster is VERY comfortable and I like the thinness of it.
    Yeah, that's the first thing I would try. Those retention screws have a decent amount of play in them and it might be set for a slightly smaller/thinner gun than yours.

Keep us updated!

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

Your holster should look like this. You can not get a better fit or trigger guard coverage then this. You need to PUSH down hard and twist the gun right to left to seat the gun in there, I think thats the problem. Post a picture of your gun in the holster. Also look at the stich pattern on my picture does it match yours? If you are new to holsters most people think its supposed to just slip in and out with ease. These are non molded holsters, but are designed around the gun, it is a custom fit.

Let me know whats happening.

Alex

Sponsored Links