Holster Recommendation Sig 228??

This is a discussion on Holster Recommendation Sig 228?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, The mother surprised me today, she did not get the glock 23, rather she bought me a sig 228, night sites, with the DAK ...

Thread: Holster Recommendation Sig 228??

Holster Recommendation Sig 228??

Well, The mother surprised me today, she did not get the glock 23, rather she bought me a sig 228, night sites, with the DAK trigger maybe? I dont know I havent seen it yet, it was brand new for 700.
    (got it from a sig dealer)
    This is going to be my daily Carry piece, a little larger than I wanted but I wont complain because Ive heard this is a fine weapon. its a Limited? The guy said? Again I know little about it.

Im 5'11, 130, skin and Bones And I need holster options, Is this gun to big to go in a M-TAC? I need holster reccomendations, I want an IWB and a nice Leather OWB for it, Id like the IWB to be able to hide the gun if Im wearing a button down un tucked, maybe even tucked...maybe if I can get away with it...

Thanks Guys, Please post pics if you can (we all love pictures )
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

2. Remove Ads

I have found that my 228 conceals very well in a Milt Sparks Executive Companion.
    NRA life member.

Start your search here...

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I played around with a few holsters with my 229 . I finally got set on the Milt Sparks VM2, and it's been great. I tried OWB to start and it just wasn't working for me. the VM2 with the tuckable clips still is not good for tucking. I wear tucked shirts quite often, and for that I've been using a Comp-Tac CTAC. The kydex isn't as comfortable as leather, but it does conceal well and support the firearm's weight well also.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by C9H13NO3 View Post
    I played around with a few holsters with my 229 . I finally got set on the Milt Sparks VM2, and it's been great. I tried OWB to start and it just wasn't working for me. the VM2 with the tuckable clips still is not good for tucking. I wear tucked shirts quite often, and for that I've been using a Comp-Tac CTAC. The kydex isn't as comfortable as leather, but it does conceal well and support the firearm's weight well also.
    If the Kydex of the Ctac isnt as comfy, Would the M-TAC still work as good as the C-tac would for hiding the 228?
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

VIP Member
    TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Tim will fix you up with a fine holster that you'll like so well, you'll keep buying them for all your guns!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Im noticing alot of places DO NOT have the 228 on their holster list (like Comp-tac for the infidel, yet they have it for the m-tac???!) My 228 has a rail on it, would a 229 holster fit the 228?

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by 45XDCCW View Post
    Im noticing alot of places DO NOT have the 228 on their holster list (like Comp-tac for the infidel, yet they have it for the m-tac???!) My 228 has a rail on it, would a 229 holster fit the 228?
    I do know one person who can make that holster for you. Its a little pricy but I know for a fact that once you spend the money, you will have a holster you will love and keep on your side for many years. Give Rocky a call. He makes all sorts of holsters and he actaully asked me about this gun with the rail. Trust me, its worth it!

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45XDCCW View Post
    Yes, the 228 with rail will fit perfectly in a 229 with rail holster. The frames are the same, and the 228 has a rolled slide as opposed to the 229's stamped, milled or whatever it is slide, but they are the same dimensions.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

I have a Galco Summer Special and a Mitch Rosen Premier OWB Snap. It is a great gun and very accurate. 229 holsters will work just fine.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ide-guard.html

I posted about my new 228R holster I just received. If you are looking for a holster for the 228R any holster that fits the 229R will work just fine for it. I purchased a Don Hume for a 229R while waiting for my side guard and it fit just fine. I also put my friends 229R into my new side guard to test just to make sure.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters

Tim will fix you up with a fine holster that you'll like so well, you'll keep buying them for all your guns!
    A big plug for TT. Tim make a great holster. I prefer IWB and that 228 will dissapear with a button down shirt. HBE Leatherworks COM III is another fantastic holster. A little pricier but they hold up forever.

Congrats on the 228 also! Mine was my CCW for a few years till I finally went back to my old 2.5" S&W model 19-4 for CC. It's now the wifes pistol and I have 100% confidence in it. Used it for 2 years for IPSC matches and it's still going strong after 70K plus rounds with ZERO malfunctions. Going to have Accurate Weaponry & Plating apply it's brushed hard chrome finish to it as it's lost alot of it's finish.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

After trying several holsters, I finally hit on the ideal IWB holster for my Sig--a Milt Sparks VMII. Unfortunately, the wait time for one now is 20-26 weeks.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Erics COM III at HBE is as well made as a VM II and I'm speaking from experience as I've owned both. He even says the VM II was behind the design. Believe your wait for one will be 4 weeks. Here is his link:

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Links