Republic Arms R.A.P. 440 holster

This is a discussion on Republic Arms R.A.P. 440 holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a RAP 440. I love it, and would like to use it as my concealed carry. I am having one hell ...

Thread: Republic Arms R.A.P. 440 holster

I just picked up a RAP 440. I love it, and would like to use it as my concealed carry. I am having one hell of a time finding a leather paddle style holster for it. With or with out a thumb brake. From what I have heard, the RAP 440 is a clone of The Astra A75, only better. Can anyone offer any help here? I am googled out from searching. Thanks for any help offered.

Congrats on your acquisition and being part of a very exclusive club. I own and sometimes carry a RAP-401...one of my favorite pistols. FIST makes holsters for the A-75 and they are a perfect fit for the RAP. This is a pic of mine in it FIST #11.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...790-post5.html
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I did not know how hard RAPs were to come by until I tried doing some research on them. Not much out there info wise, so I guess I am a member of a very exclusive club. I do appreciate the quick reply. I have been looking for over a week for a nice well built holster. The FIST holster you suggested seems to fit the bill perfectly. I went to their site to order one, but was kind of confused about the options. What did you put for belt loop size? 2"? I don't see an option or a price listing for "reinforced throat". Also you mentioned "I did have to do the wax paper wrap for 4-5 hours" never heard of it, can you explain? Hope this isn't too much info to ask of you. I am pretty excited about this handgun. Thanks.

No problem. The most common belt size is 1-1/2", but folks also use 1.25" and 1.75". If you don't already have one, you will need a gun belt. If you mostly wear jeans / casual wear, then 1.5" is a good size. You'll find the reinforced throat option in the "alterations" section. I would suggest you call them to place your first order.

As for the wax paper trick, the holster will be very tight when you first get it. Wrapping the gun in wax paper and placing it in the holster for awhile will stretch the leather a couple of thousands of an inch and then the gun will pop right in. The Fist #11 is a close cropped IWB / OWB convertible and an excellent choice for the RAP. With a good belt, you'll be all set.
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

I ordered the holster last week. Got the reinforced throat like you suggested. They said it should take a few weeks. Cant wait.
    People sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
    Republic Arms R.A.P. 440-Ruger SP101-Kel-Tec P3AT
    Member GOA, NRA and USCCA

Sponsored Links