Tell me about the maxcon v please

This is a discussion on Tell me about the maxcon v please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am considering calling Brommeland and having one of these made can anyone tell me about thair experiances with this holster? I have a rafters ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about the maxcon v please

Tell me about the maxcon v please

I am considering calling Brommeland and having one of these made can anyone tell me about thair experiances with this holster? I have a rafters IWB rig and belt that carry my 1911 nicely but the thing is the reenforced mouth is the thickist part of the rig and this is all that prints really.

It looks like the maxcon v is thinner at this point because it dosen't use an open mouth. Can anyone post pics of them wearing thair maxcon v's? I've read elsewhere that these rigs are the best IWB there is for shorts and T-shirt carry in the summer is this true? thanks for any input guys.

2. Remove Ads

1952 - 2006
    I can't tell you yet.

I just ordered one from Gary yesterday.

A report will be forthcoming in 60 to 90 days.

Waiting..........Oh the pain of it all!!!
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Best holster ever made! Now order one!

Really the Max-Con V is a great rig. Not only the best to wear in the attire you describe but anytime under any conditions as well.

I don't have a pic of me wearing mine but there are a few that have been posted on here if you do a search for max con v. It is thinner and does not have the meatel reinforced mouth but is still fine to holster one handed, I can mine just fine.

I have one for my Kimber and one on the way for my Colt that I am waiting on.

Here is a pic from Gary's website!
    http://brommelandgunleather.com/

USG
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

The best there is.
    The Marshmallowist

Few pics I took, not real good but I was taking them myself and was the best I could do.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

All right, you've finally driven me to take a few pics. Here's my Combat Commander riding in a Max-Con V on one of Gary's belts. Keep in mind that I'm only 5'7" tall and weigh about 140 lbs. No one has made me with this setup yet, and it's comfortable.
    Attached Images
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Awesome holsters. I wear mine with just a T- Shirt. Be carefull though, you just may never use your other holsters again!!!!!!

I am a relatively new Max Con V fan. I have 3 and love 'em. Wearing one all day produces no discomfort and in fact, I'm barely aware my 1911 is there. Slim, emminently concealable, comfortable, excellent workmanship and quality, easy to one hand re-holster and a fantastic value at a reasonable price. I suggest giving Gary a call and discussing it with him, he is a pleasure to chat with and will give truthful answers and advice.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

los
    Ti Carry and Roadrunner,

Great photos illustrating the magic of the Max Con V. Thanks for sharing.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Great pics guys.

Make your bed runner!
    The Marshmallowist

Quote Originally Posted by soflasmg
    Great pics guys.

Make your bed runner!
    Okay Mom.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

Lemme tell ya about Gary's fine Max Con V's!!!!! The ultimate CCW custom Holster. You won't be disappointed we promise. Fine man to do business with and will answer any of your concerns. I have one for my G23, one on order for an H&K USP and one mag pouch. Giddyup!!!
    1. Dum spiramus tuebimur -"While we breath, we shall defend"

Thanks guys and also for those of you who have both holsters does the maxcon v conceal alot better than the rafters IWB? Not to take anything away from the rafters rig they make a very fine product IMO but I'am wanting to try differant rigs and see what gives maximum concealment.

Max-Con V = Maximum Concealment!

USG.

Here's a link to the thread with my pics: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=8436 (see post #6). I carry a 5" SA Mil-Spec in a Max-Con V whenever I go out the door now and it's completely comfortable. I had a Watch Six for a SA Champion and I can honestly say Gary's design is much more comfortable ... and STABLE. The Watch Six is a fine holster but there are some important differences between the two and I prefer the MaxCon V.

Just be careful how you bend as the 1911 grip will print no matter what holster you use. I've got the "advantage" of a bad back so anytime I start to bend at the waist I get a painful reminder not to do that. ALWAYS squat with your knees to pick things up, it's better for your back anyway and eliminates the printing.

Go ahead and order one. If it doesn't work out and you decide it's not what you're looking for (I can almost guarantee that won't happen), put it up for sale here on the Forum - it won't last more than a few hours.
    Jack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links