glock 27 with Levis 501

This is a discussion on glock 27 with Levis 501 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After doing a lot of research in trying to find the right holster I cannot seem to come up with a holster that will work ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glock 27 with Levis 501

glock 27 with Levis 501

After doing a lot of research in trying to find the right holster I cannot seem to come up with a holster that will work for me. I tried a fobus paddle but it is very hard to get out and you have to yank hard to get it out.
    I do a lot of sitting in trucks and tractors and and IWB will not work for me.

anyone out there have any similar experience and have you found a holster that conceals easy with Levis and t-shirts without showing your printing. I thought about a pocket holster but sitting down and trying to draw is like digging for your wallet.

The only thing that I thought about using is a belly band but seems to be issues of band riding up and you have to constantly adjust.

I thought about a SOB with a lot of cant but would like to have a thumb break as added security.

anybody use a Saf-T Bloc with a holster and get good results

2. Remove Ads

OWB carry for your G27, I would suggest a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit or the express model. Levis don't work too well for me and carry IWB or OWB since the belt loops are not arranged to my liking. Wranglers do it for me. The Fobus holsters IMO are decent, and retention is good. You will need to jerk on the draw as opposed to a smooth, fluid movement with leather.
    My G27 in the Mitch Rosen and interestingly enough a pair of Levis jeans.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    For anyone, with any gun & holster combo, if you find you'te having a problem with belt loop spacing there is an easy fix. Position the holster over the belt loop that seems to be in a poor location, by putting the belt through the beltloops until you come to the problem one, slip the belt through the rear slot on the holster, then through the belt loop, and finally through the front slot in the hoster. Position the holster where you want it and buckle up.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

VIP Member
    In reference to your Fobus, I had the same problem and fixed it by selecting a common wrench socket that was slightly wider than the space in the trigger guard, jamming it in there, heating the holster up with a hair dryer, and then letting it cool like that. It fits my Glock like a glove now, and I can draw with just a little pressure from my thumb.

I'm a trucker and I live in Levis and "T" shirts. A little bigger then ramrod and I went to a custom holster and a larger shirt side to hide the print carry it everywere with no problems....

P.S nice pic ramrod!!!
    Better to have and not need then to need and not have!!!!
    EDC G22+Clips=SECURITY

Quote Originally Posted by sunrock3 View Post
    After doing a lot of research in trying to find the right holster I cannot seem to come up with a holster that will work for me. I tried a fobus paddle but it is very hard to get out and you have to yank hard to get it out.
    The one and only time I ever tried a FOBUS holster it fit my gun so poorly as to be virtually unusable. It stuck out like a brick making it useless for concealed carry. Try a good pancake type holster from a reputable holster maker, make sure you are wearing a good gunbelt, and make a few adjustments to your manner of dress. Your gun shouldn't be difficult to conceal. I use mostly FIST holsters. I often wear 501s with shirt untucked. The smallest gun I carry is a Ruger SP101. Other guns I frequently carry are an XD9 and a S&W 686 w/2 1/2" barrel.

Administrator
    Buy a good quality leather OWB pancake holster that carries the gun with a strong forward cant.
    Carry directly behind the hip.

If your belt loops are not positioned exactly in the right places to accomodate the rig then you need to play "Musical Belt Loops"
    Go through the holster slot first then the pant belt loop then the holster slot....or whatever combination works.
    Putting it on is only a slight Pain In The Ass until you get the hang of it. Then it goes fast.

Here is mine from Del Fatti which is probably more extreme than you might want regarding the forward cant...but it conceals my full size SIG under a T-Shirt with either jeans or 5.11 pants.
    If you want as much forward cant as on mine you'll need to go with a full custom holster maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    OWB carry for your G27, I would suggest a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit or the express model. Levis don't work too well for me and carry IWB or OWB since the belt loops are not arranged to my liking. Wranglers do it for me. The Fobus holsters IMO are decent, and retention is good. You will need to jerk on the draw as opposed to a smooth, fluid movement with leather.
    My G27 in the Mitch Rosen and interestingly enough a pair of Levis jeans.
    I like the look of that. Been looking at that holster on their website.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Florida can be 'hot and sticky'...I used to carry almost always with an IWB holster, but lately I have found this OWB keeping my firearm almost as tight against the body and my IWB's...easily conceals under a T-shirt.

FIST, INC.

What QKShooter says about the belt loops is true, and just about 4 hours ago I ordered the Fist #18 Paddle Holster...I let you know how that works out.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A guy i shoot with a lot has a G27 and he wears a left handed Don Hume holster on his right side. (So if your right handed, use a left handed holster then put it on the inside of your belt on your right side. Reverse this if your left handed). It looks great cause it hugs his side really nicely. Something like that or a really good pancake holster like Ram Rod suggested is your best bet it sounds like.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Welcome aboard Rock,

Milt Sparks VersaMax-II! A good belt is a must too.

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Yeah, but do you have enough magazines?

I picked up one of those 'happy sticks' too. I dunno why, I guess I just didn't want some politician telling me later on that I can't have it.

'Nice rig.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yeah, but do you have enough magazines?

I picked up one of those 'happy sticks' too. I dunno why, I guess I just didn't want some politician telling me later on that I can't have it.

'Nice rig.
    28 rounds in a G-27 is just sic!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I have to recommend the K&D Laredo Defender. Carries like a dream, fits like a glove, easy on and off and conceals with just a loose shirt.
    Laredo Defender and Glock 27.jpg
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thank you everyone for all the information and pictures. This last weekend, I experimented with OWB in my fobus paddle and the cheap beltslide plastic one and found that it does conceal to some extent but still not satisfied. I refuse to go up a pant size.
    I will probably consider trying a Belly Band as it will help with my waistline and yet can be versatile in moving into various positions for my different situations.

Now to figure out which bellyband to try. The pictures that most websites show make it look like cheap material. Galco has leather on it but does not look appealing. ComfortCarry looks nice and Defender looks too wide for my liking.

The one that has the soft lining might be the one since I am not one to wear undershirts at all.

Please keep giving me feedback and more carry ideas as I am new to CCW but not new in the firearms dept.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links