Ankle Holster for G26 w/ CT Laser Grips

This is a discussion on Ankle Holster for G26 w/ CT Laser Grips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Background: I just got a new job in which I will be sitting down a lot more than in my previous job. Pretty much between ...

Thread: Ankle Holster for G26 w/ CT Laser Grips

Background:
    I just got a new job in which I will be sitting down a lot more than in my previous job. Pretty much between school, work, and driving I'm going to be sitting about 12-13 hours a day.

I have been using a SmartCarry for about a year (only holster I have bought so far) and it has been great. Sitting has always been a bit uncomfortable, but I never really had to sit for more than a few hours a day before, mostly while driving. In the past few months I've been getting a bit of a pudge, so its be getting worse, but I've already been working on it and have reversed it a bit already :D

Anyway, this was my second day, and frankly I have been getting a bit nauseous having the slide always jabbing my stomach. I really need to find a new way to carry. Since CC isn't welcomed with open arms (surprise) I need something deep. IWB and the lot dont look like very good options. Its too big for pocket carry, and I usually have full pockets anyway. Only resorts as I see it are to stop carrying (which I really dont like the idea of) and ankle holster.

Goal
    I am looking for recommendations on a reliable ankle rig that can accommodate the laser. Thats really the sticky part. Without the laser I could probably find something on my own. Since the profile is different, I can't just go by wizards and sizing guides. Push come to shove, I can take the laser off, but I'd like to see first about keeping it.

I've never looked in to holsters very much. I had one that worked for everything I needed. This is the first time I have encountered a need for a new one.

I have two Ankle Holsters that I recommend. They are also the only two ankle holsters I have purchased in the past twenty years. That alone should tell you something.

Do a Google Search for Renegade Ankle Holsters. They are a small Mom and Pop shop in Phoenix, AZ. They don't have a website, but if you Google them you will get their phone number.

I'm using a Galco Ankle Glove right now, but it's about worn out. I'll be going back to Renegade soon. Two holsters in twenty plus years is pretty cheap in my book.

If you don't like the Renegade, and haven't worn it much beyond trying it around the house I'll buy it from you for what you paid for it. You pay the shipping, but I'll back their product enought to pay you the retail price you paid, providing it's still new and you only tried it on.

I have no connection to Renegade, I just like their products that much.

Biker

I've heard a little about renagade in the past. Best information I've seen so far about their models is from here. From just that brief description Id lean towards a #53

How much space do they typically have in front of the trigger guard? From the pictures it looks like it *might* accommodate the laser. I hope so.

Alessi...the first and last you'll ever need/buy. Or try John Ralton at 5 Shot Leather for the same type of design.

I've got the Alessi for my 27. Never a problem in the 10 years I've been wearing it.

I tried the Renegade 11 years ago and just could not get use to it and eventually stopped carrying my BUG (S&W CS9) until my leather ankle holster (Don Hume) came in. For some reason the Renegade would spin around my ankle no matter how tight I secured it.

I second a leather ankle holster. I've worn my leather ankle holster (similar to Alessi or John @ 5 Shot) everyday for 11 years now. I just finalized an order with John at 5 shot on making an ankle holster for my new BUG. I asked him to do some custom work to it and I'm sure if you e-mailed or called him he could try to accommodate your request of an ankle holster with CT laser grips. The only down side is waiting for the holster but with John's skill and craftsmanship it is worth the wait. In my case I decided to carry a BUG that is similar to my duty pistol. MP40 & MP40C.

Shark

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I own several Alessi ankle rigs and just got one from 5Shot for my Walther P99c. Extremely comfortable and it doesn't even feel like I have a gun strapped to my ankle! My Walther is similar in size and weight to the Glock and John can also make absolutely sure the laser grips won't be an issue.

Whew! Those Alessi rigs are way out of budget. Maybe someday...

I'm going to try and contact Renegade and see what a customized version would run. So far, all I got is a phone number. Contact info seems really scarce on them.

Renegade Ankle Holster

I purchased a Renegade Ankle holster for my Glock 27 about a year ago. I have several other pistols and found that this holster works perfectly with them as well, especially my PPS 40.

I also recently purchased a Crimson Trace LG 436 Laser for the Glock, the kind that fits on the front of the trigger guard. I like it, but still getting used to it.

The Renegade ankle holster accommodates the Glock with the laser sight, a little tight but acceptable. Even with the weight of the Glock, the holster keeps the weapon snug against my ankle. The wide elastic and velcro are easy on/off, and I've never had a problem with it rotating. You won't be able to wear snug fitting pants, but with dress pants and chinos I have no problem with printing. My IWB setups for the Glock and PPS are far easier, speedier and recommended for quick access. But some of the outfits i wear cause printing during warm weather, much more forgiving during cold weather.

This is the third ankle holster I've used, and by far the most comfortable. I wore it this evening. I regularly wear it all day. I add a small rectangular sponge for additional cushioning, because my ankle bone is shaped with extra bumps due to some old injuries.

The quality is top shelf, and their service was surprisingly fast. They make it easy to recommend a quality product.

Links