The Worst Holsters Evah!

The Worst Holsters Evah!

This is a discussion on The Worst Holsters Evah! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I've seen a lot of great holster pr0n here lately , and I've been wondering... How about some examples of the opposite? Not ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Worst Holsters Evah!

Thumbs down The Worst Holsters Evah!

Okay, so I've seen a lot of great holster pr0n here lately, and I've been wondering...

How about some examples of the opposite?

Not to simply "revel in the rot" as some would say, but as instructional assistance for some of us "noobs". Please include brand names to avoid as well.

Plus, I think the stories would be fun too!

So, here's a spot for your anecdotes, cautionary tales of "made by sheeple" woe, and pictures of:
    THE WORST HOLSTERS EVAH!!!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    In my experience, one-point IWB holsters do not work well with heavy guns.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    In my experience, one-point IWB holsters do not work well with heavy guns.
    I have two IWB holsters that have a single clip attachment,and they shift too much IMHO,I like the gun grip to stay in one place at the same angle,one is a Galco mod.100 IIRC the other is a kydex brand
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a large box of holsters that I don't like and won't use, collected through the years. The box sits in my garage. The holsters that I love and use are in my office in a drawer. It would be hard to identify the worst one in my box in the garage but the FOBUS Roto Holster would have to be close to top of the list. Some day I'll have a garage sale and get rid of that box of turkeys.

the FOBUS Roto Holster would have to be close to top of the list.
    +1
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I won't badmouth a certain brand, but in my opinion, the nylon or cordura holsters definitely aren't good for long term. I've used them in the past, and they're ok for a few months, but they wear out fast.

If only I had some pictures of my early monstrosities. I think there might be one buried on this server somewhere. Maybe one of the mods can dig it out?

Nate
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

The worst I have are two Pro Carry Belt Ride holsters. One for a PT145 and one for a J-Frame. The suck! I replaced them this weekend with two quality holsters for around the same price.

Clip draw and I'll second the nylon type.

anything that's just a nylon holster with any sort of plastic/polymer clip just doesn't cut it.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Hi all.
    I'm fairly new to posting here,but have been lirking for months.
    I am from SW Pa,and got my CCL last spring,for carrying, I have a Kimber Ultra Eclipse II,Very heavy for its size,Looked around @ different holsters,Didn't like the fobus or any of the nylon ones,so I looked on E-Bay,And ended up buying a leather IWB holster from this guy Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.
    Very nice holster for the money,have carried all day with it,the only prob. with it is extended driving.
    Hope this helps.

Distinguished Member
    Asking about worst holsters and he chimes in with links for an ebay vendor? Hmmmm...

On topic, AKJ Concealco IWB's "innovative" front loop doesn't stay in place, and the snap scraped the length of the top of my slide on the draw.
    Last edited by Bumper; October 22nd, 2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Removed accusation

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    The worst one I've had is one of those "I want to be all things to all people" nylon types bought at a gun show. It has a loop on both sides for IWB or OWB carry, velcroed retention snaps, and a magazine carrier on the top. It's a big, clumsy BAG. I only bought it to have something to carry a new (used) gun in until I could get a decent one.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Asking about worst holsters and he chimes in with links for an ebay vendor? Hmmmm...

On topic, AKJ Concealco IWB's "innovative" front loop doesn't stay in place, and the snap scraped the length of the top of my slide on the draw.
    I have been using an AKJ for several months now and find it to be the most comfortable holster I have because of the front loop. Have not had any scratching problems so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead79 View Post
    I won't badmouth a certain brand, but in my opinion, the nylon or cordura holsters definitely aren't good for long term. I've used them in the past, and they're ok for a few months, but they wear out fast.

If only I had some pictures of my early monstrosities. I think there might be one buried on this server somewhere. Maybe one of the mods can dig it out?

Nate
    +1 on that

I tried an adjustable-cant paddle holster once. It stuck out an inch or more in addition to what a regular paddle holster would. Perhaps if I had been wearing a tent I might have been able to conceal it... if it was a very big tent.

I sent it back and ordered a fixed paddle holster.

Never again on the adjustable one.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links