Left Handed Supertuck

This is a discussion on Left Handed Supertuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a crossbreed supertuck for my Springfield XD. I am left Handed, shoot left handed, and ordered the lefty model. I think I ...

Thread: Left Handed Supertuck

Left Handed Supertuck

I just ordered a crossbreed supertuck for my Springfield XD. I am left Handed, shoot left handed, and ordered the lefty model. I think I got a righty by mistake but not sure. With the holster on my belt, up against my body, the pistol sits canted with the muzzle pointed about 5 oclock, and the pistol handle would point towards my right. If it were lefty, wouldn't the handle point to my left and the muzzle be canted to about 7 oclock instead? Just seems backward, and I wear it right in the small of my back, at about 6 oclock, so it is a strange reach with my left hand.

2. Remove Ads

First off, call Mark at Crossbreed and inquire. I'm sure he can answer your question.

Second, if you can post a picture of the holster on you, we can probably answer your question.

I may be having a brain fart tonight, but I'm kind of confused by your description.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

sorry-my camera is broker right now and have been too lazy ot get a new one. If you go to the crossbreed site, and look at the stock picture of the supertuck deluxe, that to me looks like how a lefty holster should ride. Notice how, if as shown in the picture, the handle of the gun is pointed to the left, as it would be if someone were wearing the holster.

I think I know what you're saying in relation to the position. My lefty supertuck has the bottom of the grip pointing to my right if I push it round towards the SOB position. If that's how you're saying yours is then it's correct. If you want to wear it in the SOB position then a righty might actually work for you depending on how you want to grip the gun to draw. I wear my supertuck at the 8 o'clock position just behind my left hip and it's a comfy draw for me.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

I have a Righty, if I move it to the SOB.
    it works for a LT handed draw.
    That's how I am gonna wear . While I have Surgery on my RT hand
    Glocks

I have both, a left and a right, to draw left handed from SOB I'd have to use the right handed holster.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Here is my lefty supertuck, if yours looks like this, you are "a ok". I carry mine on my left hip as well (like directly under my left arm). More comfortable, more accessible, and more concealed then the small of the back.

Attached Images

The pic you reference is indeed the one I have. I supose it really depends on where I want to wear it as to which would be a better fit for my draw (righty for sob) Thanks for the help guys

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    The orientation in the pic above (leather on the right side of the pistol) is the orientation used for left-handed side/front holsters and right-handed SOBs. If you order a left-handed SOB, the design is already flipped so that the leather is on the left side of the gun.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Links