What I did to my SuperTucks

This is a discussion on What I did to my SuperTucks within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is an old Army trick for breaking in new boots, I used it to break in my SuperTucks, I took and put them in ...

Thread: What I did to my SuperTucks

What I did to my SuperTucks

This is an old Army trick for breaking in new boots, I used it to break in my SuperTucks,
    I took and put them in warm water for a minute then took them out and let the water run off . I waited until they dried a bit, then wore them damp all day. It makes the leather soft and pliable more quickly and also it took the shape of my hip faster. By the second day the new one already feels like the old one does.
    I could be wrong, but I don't see where it hurts anything, my old SuperTuck is still in great shape , still has it's color and works great. If getting wet hurt it, I haven't noticed.

2. Remove Ads

This was probably OK with something like a SuperTuck, but I wouldn't do this with an all leather holster that has been molded and boned to fit the weapon. With just a flat back leather piece on the SuperTuck it probably just broke it in a little faster than heat/sweat/time would have done alone.

Links