Ruger LCP pocket holster...

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP pocket holster... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Censored A friend of mine has this one and LOVES it! Holster Uh, er, no trigger guard....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP pocket holster...

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    A friend of mine has this one and LOVES it!

Holster
    Uh, er, no trigger guard.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Uh, er, no trigger guard.
    Yep. There is NO WAY POSSIBLE that I would use that under any circumstances.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

i bought one of these: Bear Creek Holsters, Texas

all handmade/stitched, great quality, AND the panel is removable by chicago screws which would allow you to use in the front pocket. like 2 holsters for one. im probably going to order something from him for my glock 19, just not for the pocket lol.

I use the Galco Pocket Protector for my LCP with a laser sight. Inexpensive and works quite well.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Why would this send shivers down your spine? My first impression was it seemed a little odd. After fiddling around with it for a little bit I found it pretty easy to draw from a pocket, with no safety concerns. It does seem a bit overpriced though.

Don't know what cookbook you're looking at.... j/k
    Forget it being overpriced.

You say after you fiddled with it for a while it was easy to draw from. Have you ever been in a SHTF moment? To have a holster like that in your pocket is even more dangerous than no holster at all. Why? Take that holster with an UNLOADED gun and stick it in your pocket. Now do whatever you need to do to rapidly raise your heart rate and get an adrenaline dump(run around the block several times, 100 jumping jacks, whatever), now very quickly try to draw that weapon without your trigger finger contacting the trigger and without having to "fish" for the grip. Bet you can't.

A Nemesis or other similar holster allows full purchase of the grip while inside the pocket with zero risk of grabbing the trigger, period.

EW3
    I still maintain that the DeSantis Nemesis the the BEST pocket holster out there for the LCP and it's what I use. I do wish it had a little wider bottom, though, as in some of my pants it shifts around a little bit.

I just picked up one of these for my new Seecamp .32, a Del Fatti pocket holster. It's a work of art, I tell you. Somehow putting the "Rolex of pocket pistols" in a $25 nylon Nemesis seems like a crime!

"Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

When I first purchased my LCP I also bought a Galco pro 436 pocket protector from my gunshop. I found I was printing the shape of the gun fairly heavily, my wife was kind enough to confirm this. My next stop was Uncle George and I purchased his pocket holster. It felt well made and fit fine but I was still self conscious about the bulk and I did not care to not have the use of that pocket. Although I understand you are looking for pocket holsters I will conclude that my final choice was the insider IWB by De Santis. All I can say is that is how I am going to carry my LCP. It does seem to take a few options to get it right.
    Attached Images

I used an inexpensive kydex holster for a P3AT for a few years, and it recently developed a crack. I emailed them to ask about a repair, and they replied that their holsters have a lifetime warranty and to send it back for replacement. I think it was about $20 delivered, and the only thing I didn't like was it doesn't have much traction in pants made of slick material, so rough out leather would be better in that case. I used it mostly in jeans or athletic shorts, and it worked great.

Grandfather Oak is the company, a Google search will get you to their site.

I have holsters from both of these guys and like them a lot. The both make several styles of pocket holsters for a variety of mouseguns.
    Jim Powell
    Leather and Stuff
    http://www.leatherandstuff.net

Robert Locke
    Meco Pocket Holsters - Handmade Leather Pocket Holsters
    http://www.mecopocketholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by alelks View Post
    This seems to be a popular holster among LCP owners.

Uncle George's Wallet Holster

Alelks, this is certainly a popular holster with my husband and I!! We're a two LCP family, one with and one without a laser. We have an Uncle George holster to fit both LCPs and they have far exceeded our expectations! The holsters are a bit shorter than most styles which allows you to carry the wallet style holster in a variety of pocket sizes. The laser holster protects our laser by not coming all the way down to the end of the holster . Anyway, we agree with you that the Uncle George holster is a popular holster for the LCP and as I understand from the Web site for Kel-Tec too.
    Ruger LCP
    Bersa Thunder .380cc
    S&W Standard 9mm (fav)

I just got the Uncle George's Waller Holster last week. Here's some pics:

It's very nice quality, and cheaper than other leather holsters I've seen. Also for me, it was the perfect style. Only as big as it needs to be, nothing extra.

I placed my order on Tuesday the 20th. George e-mailed me shortly after letting me know my order was going out that day. I received it on the 23rd. Was very happy with the fast shipping.

I might think of taking a pic of my butt (so you can see the holster!), but idk if I wanna put pics of that online lol. It's about half an inch longer and wider than my wallet, so looks like a large wallet in my pocket. I wasn't sure how it would be to sit on it, but I can wear it and sit here on my computer and it feels just like a wallet!
    Logan - NRA Member

Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    uncle mikes has one. works just as good as the high dollar ones.

+1...I use Uncle Mikes with my P3at.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Quote Originally Posted by billfromtx View Post
    +1...I use Uncle Mikes with my P3at.
    Didn't know if you knew but that good looking 'Uncle George' holster also fits the Kel Tec P3AT. Check out Uncle George's site for more info.

We have one Uncle George for an LCP with a laser and one without a laser. It's shorter than most so my husband can carry it in more pockets. I use it in a front pocket on my purse. It stands up perfectly and by putting the back toward the front of my purse it doesn't print and it's perfectly in the drawing position. I just have to slide my hand in and draw.
    Ruger LCP
    Bersa Thunder .380cc
    S&W Standard 9mm (fav)

I don't see that it's been mentioned, but for function and value, I'd recommend the Mika Pocket Holster: Mika's Pocket Holsters - Custom Made Pocket Holsters, Waistband Holsters, Vest Holsters, Tactical Pocket Mirrors And Much More.

Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links