Why would a holster manufacturer do this? - Page 3

Why would a holster manufacturer do this?

This is a discussion on Why would a holster manufacturer do this? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a CrossBreed MiniTuck for my P-3at. Excellent holster, I absolutely love it and it is my primary holster for my gun. I am ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a CrossBreed MiniTuck for my P-3at. Excellent holster, I absolutely love it and it is my primary holster for my gun. I am also a Christian and I am proud of my faith and I am glad that my brother in Christ is standing up for his faith.

On a side note. I have to hide any trace of a holster while I am out and about at work. I carry two cell phones, a BlackBerry Pearl (Sprint) and a Motorola i880 (Nextel) I move the phones on my belt just to the outside of the clips, away from the gun. The phones hide the clips and I am not worried about being made, and I can still draw the gun from between the phones, if needed.

I am about to get a Glock 26 so I am going to order a new SuperTuck for when I am carrying it.

I just need to ask for one as Christmas is just around the corner.
    Kel-Tec P-3at, Taurus PT-908, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible),Kel-Tec PF-9, Ruger SP-101 2 barrel hammerless, Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge, Marlin 336W .30-30 Win., Rossi Model 92 SRC .357 Mag.

I wonder if these companies will change their minds about selfish advertising of their company/beleifs when a law obiding concealed carrier gets made due to the logos and winds up injured or dead.

Its not a matter of beleifs or freedom of speech, its a matter of safety.

You lost my sale.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Dumb design. Couldn't you place the belt in front of the clip?
    Yes you can. When I first started carrying, my EDC was a S&W 640. I had a cheap jaypee IWB with that same clip. It never came out with the gun on the draw. It was very comfy and I could actually tuck my shirt around it and go low profile (before I knew about tuckable holsters).

I still have that holster and use it for my 640 as a BUG sometimes.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    I wonder if these companies will change their minds about selfish advertising of their company/beleifs when a law obiding concealed carrier gets made due to the logos and winds up injured or dead.

You lost my sale.

Like I said

If that costs me a few sales, so be it.

Peace
    Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Mark,

I do not share your faith, but I completely respect your right, as the maker, to put signs of your faith on your product. Since I don't share that faith, those markings are meaningless to me either way - I won't buy because of them, and I won't NOT buy because of them. Rather, I make my choices based on quality - and I have read a lot of good reviews about your holsters. Probably be ordering one in a few weeks.

If, after I get it, it turns out that I think the crosses are too noticeable, then I may do something about changing the clips - but that is my choice and my responsibility. As long as you provide a quality product, I have no complaints :)

Now, back to the original topic - if you put marks on the clips that hold up a sign saying "GUN", well, we're going to have a problem there...

Mark Craighead
    Owner/Founder
    CrossBreed Holsters LLC
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com

I'm not opposed either way. The logos on some brand holster definitely pushed in a different direction. I have a FIST with J hooks that blend right in with my black belt. I partly choose it because of it's discreetness. That isn't a knock on anyone else's brand or company. Just my personal preference.

If a company chooses to make bright orange clips with a siren on them, so be it. If they can make a profit and they stick to their core beliefs, fine by me.
    Our kindness may be the most persuasive argument for that which we believe.

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

You lost my sale.
    And when was the last verified report of "a law obiding concealed carrier gets made and shot... "for any reason?

And the word is abiding.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I see people wearing firearm manufacturer gear (hats, t-shirts, etc.) and I've never heard of a story where one of them is injured or dead from that form of advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    If that costs me a few sales, so be it.
    I applaud your commitment, but it was the main reason I didn't consider you for a holster.

Based on this statement though I am a little shocked that you make holsters for Kahr pistols... Seems odd

Kahr Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by mtcraigco View Post
    .....The Cross is there on purpose and will stay, it is not negotiable.....

......we are not afraid to stand for our beliefs, and that includes the belief in Christ and His sacrifice for us, hence the Cross.....

.....I am tired of being pushed around, demonized, pigeonholed and asked to conform to other folks comfort level because I believe in Christ and His sacrifice, this is still a free country and if I want to put a cross on my clips, I will......

Can we say Amen to that? Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by NC Buckeye View Post
    I applaud your commitment, but it was the main reason I didn't consider you for a holster.

Based on this statement though I am a little shocked that you make holsters for Kahr pistols... Seems odd

Kahr Arms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    - Why would that be odd? Is Crossbreed only supposed to support Christian customers and companies? I know I buy products from Jewish people, Muslim people and I'm even friends with a Palestinian.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links