Cell Pal Holster

This is a discussion on Cell Pal Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cell Pal Conceled Carry Holster Deep Concealment Holster Total Concealment undercover ccw armed citizens conceled weapon permit no fanny packs deep cover covert carry Anyone ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell Pal Holster

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Cell Pal Holster

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Bottom line is that they suck. I saw them at the Valley Forge gun show, bought into the hype and bought one...

I felt robbed.

Junque
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Let me add...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Let me add...
    Now that's funny...I don't care who you are

They actually seem to be a good idea poorly executed...? I would love to have a holster for my iPhone, and they have that option. What seems to be the primary complaint about them?

Is it something that can be fixed, or is this a good idea that just shouldn't come off the drawing board?
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I recently saw one at a local gun show. The whole demonstration reminded me of a side-show barker. The demonstrator was slender, which helped the draw a LOT. He'd obviously spent hours practicing the technique. His spiel was fast and furious and left little time to actually observe the holster in action or ask serious questions.

IMO, the deeper the concealment, the slower the draw will be. Maybe by only a fraction of a second, but a good gunman can crank off 6 shots in a little over a second. Drawing from deep concealment might take more time than you have. This holster takes two hands to draw. One to pull the cell phone, and the other to draw the weapon. You might not have use of your off hand.

Shouldn't everyone spend hours practicing their draw technique? Smartcarry/Thunderwear takes two hands as well. All one has to do at trade shows is hang around a few extra minutes for a group to pass and the demonstrators will answer any questions - that goes for any product booth.

This guy definitely ain't slender and shows how to get the gun out one-handed/weak hand which you can't do at all with the smartcarry. I think I know what's coming here so: think of the gyrations involved in getting a gun out of a tuckable holster with your weak hand.

Here's a question: How many who don't like it had a holster that was as broken in as the demonstrators'? Has anyone had one fall apart? I've never read where anyone explained why they are junk.

No affiliation, just don't understand the hate. I'll admit, I wouldn't pay $60 for one or buy the cell phone attachment, buy used.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I could see this working for some people. Not everyone thinks in the "conventional" way when it comes to concealment. Some people hate IWB carry while a lot of other people think it's the end-all, be-all.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

JD
    Administrator
    Well for me, it was dreadfully uncomfortable, and I would have had to wear MC Hammer pants to actually get it out from my crotch without dropping my jeans.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Well for me, it was dreadfully uncomfortable, and I would have had to wear MC Hammer pants to actually get it out from my crotch without dropping my jeans.
    That was my point. Very people people would find it comfortable and I would hesitate to recommend it to anyone, but.... if someone does wear MC Hammer pants, or loose-fitting shorts or whatnot, it might do the job.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    I tried one out at the NRA convention earlier this year. They were selling like hotcakes. Didn't work for me though.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Thanks JD. Uncomfortable for you definitely works as a good explanation :). I think you've also mentioned a drawer full of holsters that didn't work for you either. The point I was trying to get at is: would you tell everyone that they are all junk as well or just didn't work for you?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Thanks JD. Uncomfortable for you definitely works as a good explanation :). I think you've also mentioned a drawer full of holsters that didn't work for you either. The point I was trying to get at is: would you tell everyone that they are all junk as well or just didn't work for you?
    Actually, my holster drawer is full of holsters that do work, the holsters that don't work number only a couple of holsters, a Blde-Tech tuckable, the cell pal, and a Fobus roto paddle.

On a broad range, looking at what others have said regarding their experiences (there are some more detailed descriptions in the links back in post 3 or 4), and based on my experiences, and the fact that I'm pretty sure I've all ready referred to them as junk in the past, I would probably do the same again.

Almost everyone (or rather a strong majority) that has had one has said the same things:

1: Uncomfortable
    2: Hard to draw from
    3: Poorly made
    4: "X" attachment didn't work well for cell/PDA/pager etc.

On the other hand, one mans trash pile is another mans treasure.

With the right build, and the right gun, it might work for some, but IMHO there are better, more proven designs to accomplish the same thing. I think if I were going for that deep of concealment again, I would opt for a Kangaroo Holster or some other type of in the shirt holster for attire where a tucked shirt with no cover garment is required.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links