Desantis Cozy Partner IWB

This is a discussion on Desantis Cozy Partner IWB within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got this holster earlier this week and thought I would share my observations. I originally ordered it for my Para Ordnance OPS with ...

Thread: Desantis Cozy Partner IWB

Desantis Cozy Partner IWB

I just got this holster earlier this week and thought I would share my observations. I originally ordered it for my Para Ordnance OPS with a 3.5" barrel. They did not list this model so I bought one for a Colt Officers model thinking it should be pretty close. I received the holster in two days, incredibly fast. I saw on the bag that it came in that it is listed for several different pistols. Also the belt loops fit up to a 1 3/4" belt. So this is not a custom built holster, but still a reasonably good holster at an affordable price with quick delivery.

I had it shipped to my office so I inspected it at work before trying it with the OPS. The construction seemed pretty solid with a tension screw and a sweat shield behind the opening. When I got home I was disappointed to discover that the OPS did not really fit very well. it just did not sit deeply enough.

On a whim I tried my Para Warthog in it and it fit perfectly. However, when I actually put the holster on with the Warthog in it the gun butt stuck out. I normally carry a G26 in a Milt Sparks VM-2 behind the hip between 4:00 and 5:00. With the Desantis no matter what I did the butt still stuck out a little. I experimented a bit and tried it at 3:00. Voila, a very nice fit. At 3:00 the gun disappears. I wore it for a day with a sweat shirt over it and found it to be comfortable and well concealed. Today it was warmer and I wore it under a loose T-shirt also with good results.

I did find that the two belt straps being close together and with my 1.5" thick belt that the holster could shift a little and required slight adjustment throughout the day. Still it was comfortable and manageable. One handed reholstering is all but impossible.

So my evaluation of this holster is that it is a servicable holster at a reasonable price and fast delivery time. Long term I know that I want something better. Another VM-2 or a Brommeland Max Con V, but for now this little holster ain't half bad.

2. Remove Ads

I've had a Cozy Partner for a Glock 17 for about 9 years now. I carry a 19 or 26 daily in it. It initially attracted me because of the extreme forward cant; now it's just super-comfy.

I looked it over the other day. No loose stitches yet.

One trick for those with 1.25" belts: Milt Sparks Heritage 1.25" belt loops. They are an exact match for the CP's screws.

I have one for my S&W J-Frame and use it every once and a while.They are a nice built holster for a cheap price.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I have one for my 1911. It works great for me, even on 90f. days.

VIP Member
    I have an older version of that holster for my Beretta 92/96 series guns....it conceals very well and is one of the most comfortable holsters I own.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Links