SOCOM adopts Blackhawk Serpa

This is a discussion on SOCOM adopts Blackhawk Serpa within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Blackhawk released the following press release yesterday. I am not trying to start yet another Serpa's are good/bad thread. Just being the messenger. You can ...

Thread: SOCOM adopts Blackhawk Serpa

Blackhawk released the following press release yesterday.

I am not trying to start yet another Serpa's are good/bad thread. Just being the messenger. You can decide for yourself what it means.

BLACKHAWK!® SERPA® SYSTEM SELECTED FOR OUR NATIONS ELITE WARRIORS

NORFOLK, VA (October 2009) BLACKHAWK! Products Group™, the world leader in manufacturing tactical gear for the military, law enforcement, industrial security and outdoor markets is proud to announce the selection of the BLACKHAWK! SERPA retention holster system along with select accessory components for the Elite Warriors of the United States Joint Special Operations Community.

In a head to head comparison conducted Q2 '09 the BLACKHAWK! SERPA system was selected by a panel of active duty service personnel representing the various SOF Commands. Key to the SERPA selection was the active weapon retention, system modularity, speed and commonality of training.

The basis of the system is built around the award winning SERPA Auto Retention holster which combines an intuitive drawing motion when presenting the weapon with automatic engagement of the locking mechanism upon re-holstering. The holster body is available in Concealment, Duty,Tactical, Level II, Level III retention models. Mounting platforms include a traditional belt mount, drop leg platform and a MOLLE chest mount. Color selection for all models and accessories include Black, Olive Drab, Foliage Green and Coyote Tan. Critical to all agencies, the training time is reduced due to the commonality of training across all models and retention levels of the SERPA system.

"The active retention of the SERPA Holster combined with BLACKHAWK!'s Quick Disconnect system allows SOF to configure their equipment based on mission or environmental needs," stated Steve Matulewicz Executive Director of Operations for BLACKHAWK! "The versatility of the Quick Disconnect system allows operators to rapidly move their weapon from a thigh or belt mounted platform when on foot patrol to a vest mounted position for easy access when on a vehicle mounted operation."

The SERPA holster system and components are now fully authorized for use within the Joint SOF arena, approved for purchase at the Command/Unit levels and will become an issued item as part of the US Government Load Carriage System (LCS) supplied to all of SOF.

The extensive range of options with the SERPA Holster system allows the operator to choose security level, mounting position, weapon angle and is offered to accommodate the BLACKHAWK! Xiphos™ light.

"The selection of the BLACKHAWK SERPA by the Elite SOF community is a tremendous endorsement for our products and I am honored that we will be supporting their mission," stated Mike Noell President and Chief Executive Officer of BLACKHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by swinokur View Post
    Blackhawk released the following press release yesterday.

I am not trying to start yet another Serpa's are good/bad thread. Just being the messenger. You can decide for yourself what it means.
    Well, if I remember correctly the previous discussion had to do with the suitability of the Serpa for civilian concealed carry. That's a different ball game from tactical use for the military or law enforcement.

Serpas are extremely popular with the Marines in my unit who have M9's (not a SOCOM Unit. Especially with how they can be adapted to go on vests and their weapon retension system.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

That's cool. Thanks for sharing.
    I used one for my M-9 in Iraq (thigh holster).
    It worked awesome.

JVD
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

I get the feeling this purchase as more do with chest rig carry than anything else. The Serpa works great for that considering we are doing so much vehicle and helo ops.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Grey Group Training, LLC
    Director of Training
    Cell: 757-419-9742
    Email: Training@greygrouptraining.com

Worked well for the M-9 on the way home from Iraq. But the Spectre thigh drop was better.

I like it for my 1911-A1.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

I really like my Serpa. I use it as an on duty and off duty for my Sig 229

Sponsored Links