Help Please with OWB and Glock 26 - Page 2

Help Please with OWB and Glock 26

This is a discussion on Help Please with OWB and Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Mitch Rosen Upper Limit Express with my G27 in tow: As you can see in the pic, the whole deal doesn't dip much below ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Please with OWB and Glock 26

My Mitch Rosen Upper Limit Express with my G27 in tow:

As you can see in the pic, the whole deal doesn't dip much below the belt line. The straight drop holster and a G26/G27/G33 appear to me to compliment each other in a way I can't describe. Personally, I would not prefer a straight drop holster for the compacts or the full size Glocks, but the sub-compacts with the shorter grip length seem to demand a special treatment for what they are. Depending on holster placement and options...this can be the most important factor in concealment, and speed of draw/accessibility. Could I use this rig to conceal under just a t-shirt? Don't know...never tried.

Looks good, Ram Rod. I've got an Upper Limit on order for my G27.

I agree that a little forward cant helps hide the grip on the larger guns. I use a G&G 3-slot pancake holster that hugs the body well for my G23 or G22. It hangs down a bit so a longer T-shirt would be needed to conceal it.
    NRA Life Member

Admopistrator
    I carry under a T-Shirt. I don't wear a cover shirt over the untucked T-Shirt.

In FLA I assumed that you just wanted to carry under a T-Shirt.

I carry a full size SIG P220 just under an untucked oversize T-Shirt OWB every day so you should have no problems with a smaller G 26.

Take a look at the K L Null website and look at the Vampire model crossdraw. I am going to be buying one soon. A little pricey at $120.00 but from some of the pics I have seen it looks the most concealable and you can adjust it while sitting in the drivers seat.

I have a Glock 27 that I will be carrying.

Whatever you use good luck as I have looked and researched alot on this as well. It all depends on how you want to carry. My second choice would be pocket carry but wearing Levi's jeans that are fitted the butt would be too obvious. I have tried Kydex paddle holsters and they are too bulky for my liking and it is hard to get out of the holster.

Hope this helps.

I wear mine about 4 o'clock. It's pretty comfortable in a a driver's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    So where exactly to you carry it (position on your belt)? I too was wondering, althoguh I didnt say it in my original post, how comfortable it is when you are seated in a vehicle?

VIP Member
    +1 for the Don Hume H721OT, I just got one about a week ago and it's great. The TX gulf coast is a lot like Florida weather wise. I have no trouble with my G26 under any color T-shirt with this holster.

Here's where I got mine, the cheapest price I could find, quick shipping. First time I've ordered from this site, but all went good...

Don Hume H721 OT for G26
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Here's what I use... FIST, INC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I carry under a T-Shirt. I don't wear a cover shirt over the untucked T-Shirt.

In FLA I assumed that you just wanted to carry under a T-Shirt.

I carry a full size SIG P220 just under an untucked oversize T-Shirt OWB every day so you should have no problems with a smaller G 26.
    Yes, UNDER the shirt if possible...I really like Ramrods set up as it doent go below the beltline so I can avoid overly long shirts.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Here's what I use... FIST, INC.
    The FIST holsters look nice but I have a question....because it looks like there is a lot of leather there, does it pose anymore of a risk with profiling? Maybe it is just an optical illusion to me when I look at larger holsters????
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My Mitch Rosen Upper Limit Express with my G27 in tow:

As you can see in the pic, the whole deal doesn't dip much below the belt line. The straight drop holster and a G26/G27/G33 appear to me to compliment each other in a way I can't describe. Personally, I would not prefer a straight drop holster for the compacts or the full size Glocks, but the sub-compacts with the shorter grip length seem to demand a special treatment for what they are. Depending on holster placement and options...this can be the most important factor in concealment, and speed of draw/accessibility. Could I use this rig to conceal under just a t-shirt? Don't know...never tried.
    How does it feel when you are seated in the car and does it stay open for reholstering? Thanks.

NCM
    1. Get it off of your 3 o'clock. That is the outer edge of the circle your body makes, thus it is the most exposed if you are on the round side. I usually carry towards the rear 3:30-4.

2. If you are not willing to go IWB, which I don't suggest, then go high. Get a good holster that places the gun higher up than most IWB/OWB holsters. Most people again are at their thickest point right where they wear their belt, if you get up on the 'upper slope' as it were, then it gives you a bit more concealment.

3. Forward cant helps tremendously.

4. Thicker shirts, darker prints, avoid solid colors if possible. I carry my G19 and at times in the past my USP45f in FL on vacation with just a un-tucked shirt with no major issues, but that was IWB. Having a pattern on your shirt helps the most IMO

5. Thinner gun. 1911's are thinner than glocks/XD's/HK's/Sigs. At most your going to get 10+1 rounds, and at that size the grip is going to start to be an issue even if width isn't. Whatever the full-size single stack Kahr 9mm is going to be your best bet.

That is about all I can think of suggesting using your limitations. I think you may be on the edge of being too strict requirements. Bigger guns have to be accommodated some how, no baggy clothing, no iwb is severely limiting

Admopistrator
    Well, "going high" depends on how "serious" his Love Handles are.
    Because going high w/ LHs will push the firearm out.
    The higher the gun - the more obvious it will be under a T-Shirt.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I have exactly the same problems. 5'9", pot belly, live in Fla. I've taken to carrying my Kel-Tec 3AT in a Desantis holster in the deep pocket of my cargo shorts. I really like my Glock 26 and on occasion carry it in a Smart Carry holster especially when I wear long pants. But I get hot and sweaty and am not completely happy with that arrangement. I like the Hume set up by I'm not sure of it being hidden on my old abused body. Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Well, "going high" depends on how "serious" his Love Handles are.
    Because going high w/ LHs will push the firearm out.
    The higher the gun - the more obvious it will be under a T-Shirt.
    Yes, I have held my G26 "against" my side and I have to be careful how high I position it.......I like the looks of many holsters but am afraid to "pull the trigger" without trying it on....and many of my dealers dont stock much inthe way of holsters so it is more of a challenge.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    TTgunleather high ride pancake with a good belt. Do it all the time!!

Site Builder
    Oh yeah... I really like that!

In fact, if I ever find a job again, I may order that for my G-36!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links