N82 Tactical

This is a discussion on N82 Tactical within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody seen/used a holster from these guys? N82Tactical.com Met them this weekend at the gunshow here in Charlotte. I bought one of their holsters. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: N82 Tactical

N82 Tactical

Has anybody seen/used a holster from these guys?

N82Tactical.com

Met them this weekend at the gunshow here in Charlotte. I bought one of their holsters. I don't have anything to compare it to yet since it was my first IWB holster. It's comfortable, retention seems good but I'm not crazy about reholstering. It flattens out without the gun in there and requires care in reholstering.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    No offense but they look like a waste of money.

Get a good quality IWB and you'll never look back!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I know that some folks REALLY like leather, and I will get around to spending the dough on one some day, but I prefer Kydex for a whole host of reasons.

Inside Waist Band :: Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries

This is the company that I have found to be the best (IMO). Good gear for a good price.

Kydex for me is a good material:

1. Re-holstering is NEVER a problem
    2. Tough enough for my clumsy self
    3. Doesn't need to be "broken in"
    4. Cheaper (generally)
    5. Much more comfortable than you might think

Try one out and see if it works for you. You can find Blade-tech's products for cheaper sometimes by running a Google search on a product brand name, it's how I got my NANO for $20 cheaper...
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

+2 on a good holster. You can't go wrong with good quality.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I appreciate the replies regarding getting a good holster. I've read many many of the holster threads here. My interest in posting this was really to find anybody that was familiar with this particular holster.

and Thumper.. No offense taken. Thanks for all the replies.

On their website their big selling point is you dont have to use 2 hands to draw your weapon?? What holsters require 2 hands?
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Look like junk to me.

check out "About Our Holsters" section on their website. may clear up some misconceptions.

I'm kind of sorry I posted this. I really was looking for someone that actually has some experience with this holster. I'm not really interested in what anyone thinks it looks like from the website.

Anyway... my follow up review after 5 days.... super comfortable, feels secure, retention is strong, holds my g26 or G32 well. Reholstering has actually become easier although still not a strong point. I understand from the About Our Holsters section that natej recommended reading why they don't consider that to be important. So I'll change my question;

Should re-holstering be a consideration in a holster?

My suggestion would be to get a good owb holster such as the blackhawk serpa for general range work. With pants that arent as "forgiving", the holster you have can be worn owb if you slide your belt through the clip to hold the holster, but you should still consider a good range holster. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by natej View Post
    My suggestion would be to get a good owb holster such as the blackhawk serpa for general range work. With pants that arent as "forgiving", the holster you have can be worn owb if you slide your belt through the clip to hold the holster, but you should still consider a good range holster. I hope this helps.
    I have a range holster. Really never would have considered this holster for the range. Thanks

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breeze94 View Post
    Should re-holstering be a consideration in a holster?
    For concealed carry in actual use, it most likely won't matter.

BUT

It is going to be an absolute pain in the rear to train with and yes, you should be training (not just target shooting) with your CCW setup which will require 100s of times drawing/reholstering.

PLUS

Any time you have to get your hand/thumb in between the holster and the gun to get a full grip before the draw it can be a problem, especially under stress. Ideally the grip of the gun should not be covered by the holster. For more comfort you can add a sweat shield that covers the upper portion of the slide only.

I would never buy this holster. It isn't ideal for CCW or ideal for range use. IMHO, it doesn't do either well.

It looks like I'm jumping into this this thread late, but will continue this one instead of starting a new one.

I needed a CC holster for my wife's Sig P232, not exactly a lot of options out there, and I can't carry it in my pocket like my KelTec P3AT. I saw this holster at the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Raleigh last weekend, liked what I saw and liked the way it felt wearing one. Got it home, holstered the P232 and wore it around the house the rest of the day.

However, retention isn't the best. I don't know if this is an issue with Level I holsters in general. If you got into a scuffle with someone, your gun may end up laying on the ground.

Otherwise, there's suede leather against the body, smooth leather facing out, thick spandex holding the firearm, and a belt clip. Overall, a very comfortable holster to wear. If I were to change the design, it would be to add a little better retention material, custom made to the gun, maybe stiff leather.

You get what you pay for. Considering I paid $40 for this holster versus the cost of custom leather, I'll stick with this. If I could find a holster this comfortable with molded retention, I would be willing to pay more.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear them. Thanks in advance. Read the forum everyday from Google Reader. 2nd post, thanks guys!

UPDATE: wore the N82 Tactical to take the kids to mall today, and it wore like a dream! Pics are attached:

================================================== ================

Sig Sauer P6, P232
    Keltec P3AT
    Ruger MK III
    Ruger Mini-14
    Remington 700 .270
    Ruger Stainless Skeet 12, 20, 28
    Winchester Super X2
    Bennelli Black Eagle
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NCGunDude; November 27th, 2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: update

Buy correctly one time, buy incorrectly many times. I like holsters 'boned' to the specific holster, with exception to the NAA Mini .22LR, all others have their 'specific' holster for CCW. OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

N82 Tactical

I am pretty late to the discussion, but I have been looking for a holster of this type. I went to the gun show today, and bought one of these for my CW40. Do I worry about re-holstering -- NO. These holsters are very comfortable. I have been carrying for 14 years, and I have carried many weapons, both revolvers and pistols. If you are looking for great concealment against your body, then the pistol width definitely will have an effect with any holster. This holster allows easy access and quick draw which is a plus. Of all IWB holsters that I have ever tried or owned this one is definitely the most comfortable. I have found comfort to be very important for most people that carry. Holsters that I have had that were not comfortable finally ended up not being worn. I finally found comfort in a holster with this one. Best $40 that I have spent for anything conceal carry related. I know nothing about the guys who make these and cannot attest to this, but I am sure, based on their attitudes when speaking with them, that they would make something right if something went wrong with their product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links