The Official Exotic Holster Thread.

This is a discussion on The Official Exotic Holster Thread. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, not trying to be a dummy here, but I notice that the majority of these holsters appear to be regular leather with an exotic ...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: The Official Exotic Holster Thread.

OK, not trying to be a dummy here, but I notice that the majority of these holsters appear to be regular leather with an exotic hide used as a trim piece, My questions is, what purpose is served buy the use of the various exotic trims?

I could (maybe) understand that some exotic hides will wear forever (elephant, shark, stingray), but the trim appears to be just cosmetics. If it is only cosmetic, then the only person who will ever see it is you, as most are carried in a concealed fashion.
    Uncle Dannie
    FOP Lodge 55, RPOAC, NRA Life Member

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory

2. Remove Ads

All this exotic leather makes my mouth water...something 'exotic' has to be in my next holster order...Fist has no exotic trim available.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Nice looking holsters! Great thread.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDannie View Post
    OK, not trying to be a dummy here, but I notice that the majority of these holsters appear to be regular leather with an exotic hide used as a trim piece, My questions is, what purpose is served buy the use of the various exotic trims?

I could (maybe) understand that some exotic hides will wear forever (elephant, shark, stingray), but the trim appears to be just cosmetics. If it is only cosmetic, then the only person who will ever see it is you, as most are carried in a concealed fashion.
    Read post #34 in this thread. You don't see the beauty in the contrast between the leather and the exotic trim?
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post

Say JD,
    How did you manage to find a top that perfectly matches the grips on your 1911? The fashion police would be very impressed with that striking ensemble. Good job!
    Regards,
    Dan
    That's Lima in that photo with her 1911. The sweater is actually more of an orange, while the grips are definitely pink. It was just a trick of the light that made them look similar.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDannie View Post

Obviously more will see the ones that have been posted here. This thread at present has had over 2,700 views. At the same time you might consider the question of why most of the great works of art that are privately held are locked up and never seen by any one but the owner? Safety has little to do with it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Hey, why do people wear exotic underwear if very few (or nobody) will see it?

A Matter of Attitude

I think a decent holster, which includes 'looking good', is indicative of a shootist who takes some pride in his or her craft.

How much one dresses up demonstrates the importance one places on the occasion. For instance, a person who goes on a date looking like a bum has little regard for the other person. That's why I wear a proper holster even if I'm the only one who knows.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

same goes for gun engraving and personalizing, i think my guns are more than just tool s for survival, they are expresions....so are my exotic holsters.

Man I should have stayed away from the exotic holsters all together. I purchased one and had to place another one not to far after.

First up is one from Barber Leather Works, full shark and matching mag pouch for my G23C.

Last is one from Little Bear Custom Holsters, chocolate cayman on black black leather with matching mag pouch for same G23C.
    Attached Images

Milt Sparks
    Holster on left is the Axiom in Elephant
    Holster on right is 55BN in Shark
    Belt in Shark
    Double Mag Pouch in Shark...

Dutch1911
    1/*

LOL! I had silk boxers once.....ususally I was the only one who saw them...but who cares!

I have a Rafter Gun Leather Sharkskin belt. Thick and great - makes any gun feel half the weight. Unfortunately, I lately have heard some real bad stuff about orders not being filled and horrible customer service. So, unless they clear it up. I DO NOT RECOMMEND. Unfortunate as they make great quality stuff for very reasonable prices.

But for exotic interests the site is Holster for people you know Quality

The first three are from a holster maker who is now out of business, whom I will not name. The last is from K&D.

I'd like to see some examples of homemade exotic ones.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Links