The Official Exotic Holster Thread.

This is a discussion on The Official Exotic Holster Thread. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's my Barber Leatherworks shark trimmed IWB holster.. I love this thing!!...

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: The Official Exotic Holster Thread.

Here's my Barber Leatherworks shark trimmed IWB holster.. I love this thing!!

2. Remove Ads

I've recently been on an OWB exotic kick for my own rigs so I've got a few of my BBQ rigs ready for the warm weather to show off;)

This one is sharkhide for a full frame 1911, this is my mostly open carry but I can throw a shirt over it rig. Most times I'm IWB though and I unfortunately haven't had time to build any IWB exotic rigs for myself;)

This one is a testing rig that I built out a week or two ago with elephant trim, I really like this one allot:)

I don't know what changed with me for the longest time I didn't understand why guys liked exotics but man it bit me hard;) I've been swapping out all my normal rigs for stuff with either shark or some sort of exotic skin. My wife thinks I'm nuts and I can't explain the love for the interesting hides but man I really like them allot:)

To everyone else who's posted, awesome rigs some really neat designs also there.

Take care guys!

Luke

(man I can't wait to get back to MI where open carry is legal)
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Somewhere there was a post of an exotic pocket holster in ostrich (I think) made by Matt DeFatti. OMG, that was soooooooooo beautiful, I had to have one, money no object. Until I saw the waiting list for DeFatti holsters.
    It's the only holster I've seen, where I'd buy the holster, then buy the gun it fits just to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    I've recently been on an OWB exotic kick for my own rigs so I've got a few of my BBQ rigs ready for the warm weather to show off;)

This one is sharkhide for a full frame 1911, this is my mostly open carry but I can throw a shirt over it rig. Most times I'm IWB though and I unfortunately haven't had time to build any IWB exotic rigs for myself;)

This one is a testing rig that I built out a week or two ago with elephant trim, I really like this one allot:)

I don't know what changed with me for the longest time I didn't understand why guys liked exotics but man it bit me hard;) I've been swapping out all my normal rigs for stuff with either shark or some sort of exotic skin. My wife thinks I'm nuts and I can't explain the love for the interesting hides but man I really like them allot:)

To everyone else who's posted, awesome rigs some really neat designs also there.

Take care guys!

Luke

(man I can't wait to get back to MI where open carry is legal)
    Luke, as always I admire your work! Is the sharkhide closed at the bottom or just molded around? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by mmirob View Post
    Luke, as always I admire your work! Is the sharkhide closed at the bottom or just molded around? Rob
    Just molded my good sir;) It looks odd because the shark is stitched down to the top layer so it almost looks closed. Rest assured for all my own gear open ended is a necessity:) Working on holsters all day fills my rigs with leather scraps and dust otherwise. Heck my carry 1911 needs a good cleaning just about weekly just to keep the funk out;) I really should wear a cover shirt but most of the time when I'm working I'm wearing an IWB with a A-shirt and jeans so basically gun open to the elements and dust.

Bah now I'm all off topic;) Yep the end is open;) Thanks for the compliments I sure do like these two:)

Luke
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Here is my Milt Sparks Versa Max II with Shark Trim for my S&W CS45.
    Attached Images
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Alright I had to revive this thread once again, I gotta say I'm now fully hooked on exotics. After building a bunch more exotics for guys I got the bug full on and decided to build myself some kind of crazy rig. I've been off and on thinking about this holster for around 3-4 months but I didn't have the time to build it(been fairly backlogged). So over my little vacation a few weeks ago I decided to take some time for myself and build a new rig.

This is one of my Texas holsters(IWB). This is full quill ostrich along with ostrich leg, full grain lining with Hermann Oak everywhere that isn't exotic and my new keyclip front clip design(well not new I've been testing it for over 5 months but it's new to being in any pictures of my rigs). Oh I also should say it's for a Government 1911 which is my normal carry gun.

I also have another one with some exotic goodness that happens to be in my left pocket but that's going to have to wait until I announce that holster before I show off pictures of my personal carry version of that holster:)

Take care guys!

Luke

Luke,

Your Ostrich rig is Drop Dead Gorgeous.!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    Thought I would put on my exotic creation! this is the first one I have made! The inlay is crocodile and the leather is chocolate brown it is an IWB for XD-9sc.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Luke,

Your Ostrich rig is Drop Dead Gorgeous.!
    Thanks sir;) I was really trying to push the envelope with that holster and I think it did the job well:)

bigo5552000 Nice looking rig sir! Welcome to the exotic club;)

Luke

Thanks sir;) I was really trying to push the envelope with that holster and I think it did the job well:)

bigo5552000 Nice looking rig sir! Welcome to the exotic club;)

Luke
    Thanks buddy! Its addicting!!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

Well since I finally got around to announcing my new pocket holster I guess I can show off my personal one;) The shark hide is designed in such a way that it grips the inside of the pocket to keep the holster in place. Not to mention it compliments my primary carry holster with the same basic colors:)

Take care!

Luke

This is one of my Texas holsters(IWB). This is full quill ostrich along with ostrich leg, full grain lining with Hermann Oak everywhere that isn't exotic and my new keyclip front clip design...
    Really nice job on this holster! The leg leather is just beautiful and the craftsmanship is excellent...very well done!
    I always aim for the right eye...and I never miss - Goldeneye

Hair on Cowhide

Not practical, but thats what the customer wanted.
    Home - Custom Holsters
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by roaddogs1951 View Post
    Not practical, but thats what the customer wanted.
    Home - Custom Holsters
    Just curious..To my knowledge those types of skins are chrome tanned, not veg tanned. If, that is the case one should never have this against a gun. Because, it will cause the gun to corrode. The chemicals used to tan the skin do not like metal. I'm pretty sure that is the case if not tell me..

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links