My wife needs help

My wife needs help

This is a discussion on My wife needs help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is the deal, my wife is petite, weighs around 110-115 pounds. She wears low rise jeans that are form fitting as well as T's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife needs help

My wife needs help

Here is the deal, my wife is petite, weighs around 110-115 pounds. She wears low rise jeans that are form fitting as well as T's that are form fitting she is having a problem finding a holster for CC that does not make her shirt buldge out horribly. I bought her an IWB holster however the holster digs against her pelvic bone and she hates it.

She was talking about carrying at the small of the back the other day but we are not limited to that, she just needs to find a holster that will allow her to CC without you seeing the outline of the gun under her shirt.

guys / gals have any idea's for her?

VIP Member
    Take a look at cross breed holsters or there is a site for the Ladies run by a Lady who is a member here. Do a search for cornered Cat.

try Galco. they make a combat master or speed master ( for revolvers) holster that is a high rise holster that is held tight to the body. They also make one called the stinger. My wife has a stinger for her Ruger LCP & one for Walther PPS.

I hate to point out the obvious, but ...

Form-fitting clothes, especially on a woman, and concealed carry are contradictory. Your wife is probably going to have to change her style of dress. The way she dresses now, it pretty difficult to carry concealed, as she has already found out.

When it comes to concealed carry, one needs to dress around the gun, rather than make the gun fit one's dress style.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Check out the thread called "pictures of what you carry" or whatever it is. On the second page and third page there are rather petite women concealing just fine and they aren't small guns either!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Check your PM's along with Cornered Cat and Lima's website for lots of info on ladies and how we carry.

Welcome

Cornered Cat
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Might as well strap a gun onto a bikini...

Well, basically, carrying a gun is going to be a lifestyle change. Not a fashion statement! I'm thinking she's not quite there yet! JMHO.

Seriously check out the links mentioned by the other posts...
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Might as well strap a gun onto a bikini...

Well, basically, carrying a gun is going to be a lifestyle change. Not a fashion statement! I'm thinking she's not quite there yet! JMHO.

Seriously check out the links mentioned by the other posts...
    OK sorry Bark'n, but that strikes me funny. As somebody who loves boating, fishing and being in or on the water, I want a bikini with a built in holster.
    If anybody here knows of one..
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Probably gonna have to sew a pocket for an LCP into the front of the bikini bottoms!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    OK sorry Bark'n, but that strikes me funny. As somebody who loves boating, fishing and being in or on the water, I want a bikini with a built in holster.
    If anybody here knows of one..
    I'm afraid you're going to have to get the RoboCop holster installed. That's the one where a compartment in your thigh opens up and presents the gun.

But that's an expensive option.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I'm afraid you're going to have to get the RoboCop holster installed. That's the one where a compartment in your thigh opens up and presents the gun.

But that's an expensive option.

Yeah, that's gonna include getting one of those 6 million dollar bionic legs.

I think sewing the little hidden pocket inside the bikini bottoms is the cheaper way to go.

Besides, doesn't Rugergirl own an embroidery business or something?

Should be no problem for her to come up with that.

Of course she'll look like she's got a sock stuffed inside her bikini... Talk about one hell of a place for a "bulge!" Might get some funny looks at the beach, eh?

Still... the sheep don't notice things like that, right?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Fist also makes a holster line for women. But definately read up the Cornered Cat and what LimaTunes has to say. I have seen a pic of Lima concealing a full size 1911 and she isn't big at all. Down right dainty.

You may have to mod your dress style a little but it can be down. And I applude the women that take the step towards CCing.

Now to get my wife there, LOL.

Try Galco. they have a combat master or speedmaster (for revolvers) that ride high & tight. They also make a holster called the stinger. My wife has a stinger for the LCP & the walther PPS she carries.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    I hate to point out the obvious, but ...

Form-fitting clothes, especially on a woman, and concealed carry are contradictory. Your wife is probably going to have to change her style of dress. The way she dresses now, it pretty difficult to carry concealed, as she has already found out.

When it comes to concealed carry, one needs to dress around the gun, rather than make the gun fit one's dress style.
    I have to agree with Majorlk, most people think that it is the holster that is the problem and not what they wear. Just the thought of having to purchase a bigger pair of pants or a shirt and they think that the world is going to come to an end.

You have to pick and choose what holster you are going to use for what clothes you are going to wear.

If the jeans are typical low riders her choice of a bloused or looser fitting top is her only shot at covering a handgun. No holster whether it be IWB or OWB and whether it is worn at any position from 1:00 O'clock to 12: O'clock will hide the print of anything other than maybe a Seecamp or Derringer. And either of those would probably print to some degree.
    Try a holster that has the highest rise and look into something along the lines of a Walther PPS (S=SLIM). But then the choice of top garment must be altered.

You can't have both snug fitted bottom and top with a par of jeans as pictured.

My wife wears high waisted (fitted) jeans or slacks with a top that has an elasticized band at the bottom. The band fits the jeans, rides below her high rise OWB holster, looks great and the looser bloused part of the top conceals a Walther P99C very well.

Hope this helps..

bosco
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links