Holster Information

Holster Information

This is a discussion on Holster Information within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am sure everyone has a different answer to this question but I am listening. Since I live in the sunshine state I wear shorts ...

Thread: Holster Information

Holster Information

I am sure everyone has a different answer to this question but I am listening. Since I live in the sunshine state I wear shorts when not working and it seems hard for me to carry a 9mm or even a .40 or what ever with out it not being noticed under my shirt. I just pull my shirt tail out. But how about when I wear shorts and a pull over shirt tucked in. During the day at work I am fine because I wear a business suit all day with a shoulder holster. Or should i get a small 22 or 380 for those times. I use to think not enough power for me with small caliber. But I guess if you shoot enough the bad guy would go down.

Get a J frame for the front pocket, a bellyband or smart carry are also options as well as a bunch of small semi 380's on the market.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Grifft, it will take time to learn how to conceal carry. Holster design, and shirt size affect the concealability.
    I personally carry everyday a Sig P220 fullsize frame .45, and I've lived in florida my whole life.
    It would help to know what exact guns you are trying to conceal, and what holsters you are using, as well as what cover garments you have used.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Lead Moderator
    Tuckable holsters work as well
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Try Comp-Tac : Top-Quality Firearm Accessories, among other holster makers on here and find a nice tuckable...of course this is always a good excuse to buy a nice pocket gun. LOL say a J-frame revo of a small auto LCP, PM9, PF-9 etc.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Thanks Guys

I just let my shirts hang out, and I'm just 90 minutes west of you...no problem concealing my Glock-36 or my Kimbers.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Tuckable holsters work as well
    I disagree. Tuckable holsters DO allow you to tuck the shirt in over the gun, but it's pretty noticeable in my opinion. The bulge is there. Also the belt clips show unless you are using velcro clips.

When I'm wearing something I can't conceal in, I run a Smartcarry or a pocket holster. I will not carry anything smaller than .38 spl/9mm. The bulge of a revolver in the pocket is also noticeable unless you're wearing something like cargos. This is all in my experience and YMMV.

Just wondering, but have you ever tried using an open button shirt outside of your t-shirt? An extra layer really goes a long way in concealing.
    Also, what gun are you trying to hide?

Where there's a will.......there's a way. No need to change your carry pistols or calibers........just change your outlook and thinking, your holster choices and positions, then your clothing. You can do almost anything, and nothing is impossible until you've exhausted all possibilities.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    I disagree. Tuckable holsters DO allow you to tuck the shirt in over the gun, but it's pretty noticeable in my opinion. The bulge is there. Also the belt clips show unless you are using velcro clips.
    I used to tuck my shirt in around my 1911 working for an anti gun employer. I've always had good experience.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I think pocket carry is the easiest and most natural carry option. Yet you have to match the gun with the size of your pocket and body; for example, you shouldn't pocket carry a large gun if you're a small, thin guy with small pockets.

There is a large variety of compact and subcompact guns on the market that lend themselves to pocket carry. A traditional-double-action or double-action-only gun with a stiff trigger pull is safest; otherwise, if you're using a Glock-style subcompact, make sure you get a good pocket holster and belt, and place some other object of similar weight (another gun or several magazines) in the other pocket for balance. You might also visit a tailor to reinforce your pockets for better balance and safety.
    9mm Walther P5 Compact

.380 and .32 Interarms Walther PPK/S

.380 and .32 Interarms Walther PPK

Links