got a new holster today - Page 2

got a new holster today

This is a discussion on got a new holster today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It has been my understanding that the pictures show exactly the wrong way to utilize a SOB holster. It should have the grip facing the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: got a new holster today

It has been my understanding that the pictures show exactly the wrong way to utilize a SOB holster. It should have the grip facing the other way (just like a strong side holster, but with an almost horizontal cant) and you should be drawing with the palm in. With your set-up the chances are much higher that you will sweep your body on the draw because the gun has to come between your body and your arm to address a threat to your front. Palm-in draw allows the gun to arc outside both the draw arm and the body.

As to those that are not in favor of SOB holsters on the theory of the possibility of spinal injury in the event of a fall - the larger the waist line, the less likely the SOB holster will align with the spine. On me, it would be about a 4:30 or 5:00 o'clock position - off to one side of the spine. Who said there aren't advantages to being fat?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    For me - the pic shows best position as it is. I know the majority of folks say have it where draw it palm in - but - my bones just don't bend/turn that way very well - so when I do IW backside like that - Palm out is better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    It has been my understanding that the pictures show exactly the wrong way to utilize a SOB holster. It should have the grip facing the other way (just like a strong side holster, but with an almost horizontal cant) and you should be drawing with the palm in. With your set-up the chances are much higher that you will sweep your body on the draw because the gun has to come between your body and your arm to address a threat to your front. Palm-in draw allows the gun to arc outside both the draw arm and the body.

As to those that are not in favor of SOB holsters on the theory of the possibility of spinal injury in the event of a fall - the larger the waist line, the less likely the SOB holster will align with the spine. On me, it would be about a 4:30 or 5:00 o'clock position - off to one side of the spine. Who said there aren't advantages to being fat?

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    For God, Family and Country!

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post

Pizza Bob
    +1.

For those who think the holster is carried wrong i took this off the page from Galco telling how the holster should be carried.
    Attached Images
    NRA Member

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1984 View Post
    For those who think the holster is carried wrong i took this off the page from Galco telling how the holster should be carried.
    Works for me....

Everyone has their own preferences so go with what works best for you and others do what's best for them.
    For God, Family and Country!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links