Tucker Silent Thunder

Tucker Silent Thunder

This is a discussion on Tucker Silent Thunder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello All! I am a new member... I got turned onto this forum while trying to find some info on OWB holsters. Just thought I ...

Thread: Tucker Silent Thunder

Tucker Silent Thunder

Hello All!

I am a new member... I got turned onto this forum while trying to find some info on OWB holsters. Just thought I would ask the opinion of those of you who might know...

I am considering a Silent Thunder for my SIG P220 Carry. I currently own a crossbreed supertuck for IWB that I am very happy with, but with the upcoming winter months I would like an OWB holster.

For those of you who own one, how does the Silent Thunder conceal as an OWB? Does it compare to a leather holster? (I am also considering Kirkpatrick TSS)

How strong is the adjustable cant screw attachment point? In the (hopefully) unlikely case of a ground fight or "gun grab", would the holster remain intact?

Also, any chance any of you who have an OWB rig might be able to post some pics? Much appreciated! Thanks!

I don't any experience with the holsters that you are considering, but welcome to the forum!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member
    Yes, welcome! I don't have any experience with Silent Thunder, myself, although my wife would beg to differ...
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

Here are my last two OWB holster purchases...both are great!
    FIST, INC.
    FIST, INC.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsor

Post Link to a review that may help

I have a "Silent Thunder" holster for my EDC, a Glock 30. It is an incredible holster, and has the best of both worlds. The kydex exterior to retain shape after the draw, and a leather interior to protect the gun. I carry the IWB version, and have it canted forward a good bit. The screws that lock the cant have never moved and hold very well. I will definitely buy this style holster for all my new gun purchases in the future. Good luck, and I hope this helps.
    EDC: Glock 30 IWB Tucker Gunleather - Silent Thunder
    Ruger LCP - BUG in front or back pocket

"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!"

Silent Thunder

Hi and welcome to DC.

I am the author of the above mentioned review of the Silent Thunder line of holsters.

Since publishing the review, I have continued to use and provide feedback on the line. Tucker Gunleather and Garrett Industries have been very receptive to my suggestions, which shows in the constant innovation and subsequent improvements of/to the original design.

To answer your questions, both the canting mechanism and the mounting have been changed; both, for the better. The originals were plenty sturdy, but the latest iterations show a commitment to constant improvement.

In terms of conceal-ability, the cant adjustment helps tremendously. It is now 360 degrees, so the options are infinite. I use my OWB Silent Thunders mostly for competition and live fire instruction with clients. For concealed carry, I still prefer the Silent Thunder IWB. It is incredibly easy on-and-off, which makes it the perfect choice for dashes to the grocery store, or days when I will only be away from home for a short time.

The best part is, Tucker Gunleather offers an unconditional guarantee of your satisfaction. That makes it pretty tough to go wrong.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I own 4 Tucker Silent Thunders....3 are IWB and the one for my Para .45 LDA CCW is a OWB. These are extremely well made, leather lined kydex. I could not be happier and I'm the guy with two boxes of shame hidden in the garage. More than a great holster, Tucker Holsters has the best customer service and pre-post purchase communications I've ever dealt with. Long before you see the holster, you will get several e mails from Rob Longnecker. I've been in the retail business for several years and am moving to the internet and I am so impressed that we are using Rob's style in our new internet business. Tucker Holsters is just a great product produced by great people.
    Last edited by chiefrcd; November 3rd, 2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Thanks!

Thanks everyone. I placed an order for my OWB Silent Thunder the other night. I am very much looking forward to it, should be here in 3 weeks or so...

Let's hear it for an early Christmas!

Sponsored Links