G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe? - Page 2

G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe?

This is a discussion on G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by palmpalm I have tried out smartcarry and I find it very uncomfortable...How in the world do you other fellows deal with this? ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpalm View Post
    I have tried out smartcarry and I find it very uncomfortable...How in the world do you other fellows deal with this?
    When standing or sitting, I feel no discomfort. Changing between the 2 positions, I sometimes experience a minor chafing, but only against the thigh.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I'm superstitious about having a pistol pointed at my junk, chambered or not.

But I will admit my fears are (probably) groundless.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I'm superstitious about having a pistol pointed at my junk, chambered or not.

But I will admit my fears are (probably) groundless.
    If you use a SmartCarry and wear it properly, NOTHING points at your junk unless you have a physical deformity!

http://usconcealedcarry.org/free/smartcarry.html
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

You have to figure out what you are comfortable with. I don't feel comfortable with a Glock in a smart carry, in the unlikely event of an accidently discharge the loss would be to great. And yes, there accidental discharges with all makes guns. They usually turn out out to be something stupid, like your finger or something else touched the trigger.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Glock 23 in a SmartCarry loaded 13+1. I feel completely comfortable with this setup, although I had to relearn how to urinate, and to adjust myself to point a different direction then I have before.

Pants with pleats are my new best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    You have to figure out what you are comfortable with. I don't feel comfortable with a Glock in a smart carry, in the unlikely event of an accidently discharge the loss would be to great. And yes, there accidental discharges with all makes guns. They usually turn out out to be something stupid, like your finger or something else touched the trigger.
    AD's with all makes of guns, can you document that?
    I prefer to think of AD's as ND's...seems more appropriate. Your finger touching the trigger is not an accidental discharge in my book.
    It's always a 'finger thing' isn't it?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Continue carrying with one in the pipe as your method. Quit playing with your private parts while CCing and there should never be any problems.
    Right, when using SmartCarry you must give up the sport of "pocket pool"....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I don't feel comfortable with a Glock in a smart carry, in the unlikely event of an accidently discharge the loss would be to great.
    Spoken like someone who has never used a SmartCarry! If you had, you would know where the muzzle actually points.

http://usconcealedcarry.org/free/smartcarry.html
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Continue carrying with one in the pipe as your method. Quit playing with your private parts while CCing and there should never be any problems.

No worries.
    Bob

Glock 30sf Ruger LCP Remington 870 HD Hi-Point 995TS Sig 556

"I'm not Paranoid.....I'm Prepared"--SGT T

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Spoken like someone who has never used a SmartCarry! If you had, you would know where the muzzle actually points.

Free Video Clip from the USCCA
    Yes, I have a smart carry. Just isn't my first choice for carry. When I do use I am more comfortable with a stiff trigger DA. I have a belly and do not like the holstering and unholstering with a smart carry. I just don't do it well enough to feel comfortable about being able to do so effectively if a BG already had the jump on me. It is just a personl choice. Sorry if my choice does not suit you, it certianly was not meant put down your prefered method of carry, but it is my choice.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I use the SC when deep concealment is necessary. I use it with the g36 and g26 with one in the pipe. At first I was worried about an AD, but after actively trying to pull the trigger (unloaded of course) I just couldn't do it. The SC isn't my preferred method of carry but its concealment is 2nd to none. Truly an A+ product I recommend.
    Go Hokies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

Free Video Clip from the USCCA
    Exactly what I was thinking Thumper. I carry my xd in a smartcarry when I wash my cars and do yard work.

VIP Member

+1

I've carried with this exact combo, no problems
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Thanks for your input! I have my SC with my SP101 as I type with an extra speedloader. It is more comfortable than I thought when sitting and driving but will still need some getting used to. I am wearing jeans a couple of inches above my normal size to accomodate the gun.
    I used it yesterday with shorts and my G30 and it worked well. However, maybe my jeans will make the G30 too big for comfort. I will try it later this week.
    If I can effectively conceal my G30 with an extra mag, I will be ecstatic since I will not have to sacrifice firepower for deep concealment. Specially at work....

I am glad I got the medium SC instead of the Security model (with space for 2 guns) as this would have been too wide. Overall, I give 2 thumbs up to this holster!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links