G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe?

This is a discussion on G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fellow shooters, I just received a Smartcarry medium holster for deep concealment. I plan to use mostly an SP101 .357 mag in this setup but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe?

G30 in Smartcarry with one in the pipe?

Fellow shooters,

I just received a Smartcarry medium holster for deep concealment. I plan to use mostly an SP101 .357 mag in this setup but the size also accepts my G30.
    The G30 is my EDC and the gun I am most proficient with. I take it to the range regularly and feel confident I can place those 10 shots where i need to. So, I would also love to carry it in the SC when not IWB. The SP101 with DoubleTaps? Not so much, lot of power but I am still not very accurate with it.

Sorry for the rant, my question is: I only carry with one in the pipe and would like to do so specially with a slower draw from a SC. There is no positive retention and I can feel the trigger if I try.... Is it safe to carry the G30 (no external safeties) in this way? Let me know what your experience is... Thanks for the comments.
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

2. Remove Ads

Continue carrying with one in the pipe as your method. Quit playing with your private parts while CCing and there should never be any problems.

I"ve used SC for over 5 years. mostly with my g27. I started off by sewing some plastic milk carton sheets into my first sc. One on the front and one on the back. That smartcarry has been retired after 3 years of daily wear. The next one I bought hasn't been modified at all and it is safe to use.
    Just like my p3at in a desanto pocket holster, if you don't touch the trigger nothing will happen.

IMO, if you can't trust the Smart Carry or any holster with a round in the chamber, you shouldn't use it. You don't want to be in a situation where you physically aren't able can't rack the slide (one hand not free, on the ground, injured, etc.) and need the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    IMO, if you can't trust the Smart Carry or any holster with a round in the chamber, you shouldn't use it. You don't want to be in a situation where you physically aren't able can't rack the slide (one hand not free, on the ground, injured, etc.) and need the gun.
    Agreed. I would practice your draw until you get your muscle memory to the point that you know you won't ever touch the trigger unholstering. Oh yeah, practice unloaded. =)
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    SmartCarry Rocks. I tried to pull the trigger (gun was not loaded) while in the holster and could not. There is a YouTube video where the user claims he is demonstrating that result, however you can't see where his hand is, so I don't believe it.

This is my primary, an M&P 45FS. The SmartCarry holster makes it easy to include the Procyon light and a 14-round extended magazine.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    The SmartCarry covers the trigger guard, like any good holster. I use one frequently with my G21, and another with my G27, always with a chambered round.

I use the exact same combination. Never had a problem.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

VIP Member
    I carry a G-36 in a SmartCarry... one in the pipe. There's no way the gun is going to fire until I press the trigger.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I'll echo what the others had said so far. I carry a G26 in my smartcarry 4-5 days a week. Never a problem whatsoever. I've been using smartcarry for around 4 months. I always carry my G26 with a round in the chamber.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

G30 safe to carry with one in the pipe in SC

I used Thunderwear for nearly 8 yrs for EDC with a Colt Combat Commander (always in condition one.) Two and half yrs ago, I found the SC (in my opinion a much better made product including sweat guard.) I carry (2) G30SF's with Lasermax Uni-green attached to the Glock rail. Total comfort, and yes always in condition one. No need to worry at all. Both guns are carried in total comfort and safety. Just practice with your unloaded G30 and you will see your finger is no where near the trigger during the draw. I can draw and get my first shot COM in 1 and half seconds. I do wear suspenders instead of a belt and buy my pleated dress slacks and Dockers one size larger. At the range, I've actually been able to draw both at the same time with no loss in time to first shot. So carry in confidence with your Smart Carry. By the way, the owner Charie is a hell of nice guy too.
    Good luck and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

I have a G27 with the holster you mention. I carry 1 on the pipe, and have no issue.. The Smart Carry is as safe as any other holster i believe.. Enjoy, and stay safe!!

--I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Glock makes a little plastic trigger blocking device that slides behind the trigger so it cannot be pulled. When needed, the little plastic wedge is easily pushed out with the trigger finger and the gun fires. I have one for my G26 at all times when carried in my SC. Better be safe than sing soprano.

Thanks for the input guys. Those were the answers I hoped for. Tomorrow I'll use the SC with the G30.
    G21SF, G30, G36, Ruger SP101 DAO, S&W 642

I gotta ask

I have tried out smartcarry and I find it very uncomfortable. I have seen the videos online and read the instructions and I have tried wearing it low, high, left, right, center, you name it. And though it conceals nicely, I always feel that the rig is pushing against my manhood. I find it rather uncomfortable that it is essentially compressing my genitalia. How in the world do you other fellows deal with this? Honestly, I love the idea but it is squashing "little palmpalm"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links