Fist #42

Fist #42

This is a discussion on Fist #42 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone out there ever use the Fist model #42 driving/crossdraw holster for a Glock 27. I thought about the K.L Null Vamp model but that ...

Thread: Fist #42

Talking Fist #42

Anyone out there ever use the Fist model #42 driving/crossdraw holster for a Glock 27.

I thought about the K.L Null Vamp model but that model seems to cater to the driver mode and not much into concealment when in town milling around from place to place.

My clothing is made up of Levi's 501 and Carhartt T-shirts. I am 6'1" tall and weigh between 210-220 pounds. I have an average spare tire with a little love handle.

After a little experimentation with the paddle holster I am using now (Fobus) I have the fastest and most accurate draw by a crossdraw method vs the strong side. Reason being is that I can lift up my shirt without any hangups in this position vs Strong side. I also wear a Leatherman tool on the right side off the belt and my shirt tends hang up on the Leatherman when lifting shirt up.

With my Height and build the crossdraw seems to be my best way to carry.

Now for my question:
    Has anyone ever used the Fist #42 as a concealment holster since it can be canted for either sitting or standing. Second if no one has used this Fist Model is there another Crossdraw that has the same capability and yet still be very concealable.

Thank you for any and all your responses to my long winded questions.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Ask or PM retsupt99. He's a FIST lover and may be able to anwer your Q. He just posted in this section on a paddle holster question.

I've heard nothing but good about their holsters and the owner will work with you.

Welcome BTW!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I don't have a FIST #42 but do have some other FIST holsters. They are excellent holsters with plenty of options available if you want. Customer service is top notch also. I agree that retsup99 is the resident expert on them so maybe he'll chime in on the #42 for you.

After using the Fist Crossdraw/Driving holster for a while I seem to be going to it more and more over other types of carry.

It is well concealed in either position and I can grip and draw my Walther P99 .40S&W from either very easily.

Well made and comfortable whether I am seated or standing.

bosco

Funny you should ask...

I have a ton of Fist holsters, my last purchase was the Fist #18 Paddle Holster, and the purchase before that one was the Fist #42 Driving Holster to Crossdraw for my Glock-36 (close enough).

The holster is well made, and easy to convert from one position to the other.
    The crossdraw position is not something I would tend to do down here in FL under a T-shirt (but I certainly could, just not my carry style), but under a jacket it would be perfect.
    For driving, the holster maintains a great draw for SD while buckled in...IMHO.

I'm about your same weight, but 'under tall'...

If you have more specific questions, PM me.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the info retsupt99. Does the #18 conceal fairly well and is it comfortable in a sitting position. I am not concerned too much about printing as I have enough stuff surrounding my waist with cell phone and multi-tool anyway. I am more concerned about being able to lift up shirt and be able to draw quickly and safely without restrictions.

The only holster I would not be able to do is IWB, for the fact if I go with a bigger pant size, it will be too baggy.

I have limited funds and do not want to have a drawer full of holsters, instead would rather have a drawer full of guns instead.

Thanks for all of the info you can give me.

VIP Member
    I'm a fan of the #42 for my M&P 9/40 compact. The holster conceals on my slight build under a heavy sport coat. It is in its element wearing it sitting in the car or even around the house.
    As you know, the holster pivots to accommodate standing. The excellent construction keeps it firm in the position that the wearer chooses. Just remember to test pull the G27 mag after every holster adjustment.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I am so far well pleased with my #42. I really haven't used it yet as it just arrived by Fed Ex yesterday. I bought it for my SP101 and it appears to be up to the FIST usual standard of excellence. I'm accustomed to taking delivery from FIST in 5 weeks but this holster came in a little over 3 1/2 weeks. The FIST quality and customer sevice have always been to my liking.

Sponsored Links