I wish..........

This is a discussion on I wish.......... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wish someone would make a pocket holster that covers both the trigger guard and the safety. (on my Sig 238) I have a Nemisis ...

Thread: I wish..........

I wish..........

I wish someone would make a pocket holster that covers both the trigger guard and the safety. (on my Sig 238)
    I have a Nemisis and it doesn't cover the safety. I looked at a Fist, and it leaves a lot of space in the trigger guard. The Mika seems kinda generic, no moulding to the gun.
    I don't want to buy so many and be disappointed.
    I've looked at probably 15 websites and found them lacking (or unattainable) I found a beauty by Mat DeFatti, but the wait is 2 1/2 years, no thanks.

2. Remove Ads

my carry gun is an XD so there is no safety, so i dont really have any experiance w/ this. But I would think it would be nice (aslong as trigger is covered) to be able to turn off the safety while still in the pocket. Let say your monitoring a potential BG, your hand in your pocket on your weapon... I'd want to be able to flip that safety off so when the SHTF I was ready to go.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

You could try talking to a holster maker to see if they can make a prototype. Also, Nate at UBG, has a pocket holster for that looks like it would cover both for you, and he has the 238 on his list of models: UBG Holsters

He does good work too.

As far as flipping the safety off in your pocket, I wouldn't do that. I carry full size 1911s, and have since I pretty much started carrying. My muscle memory is that the safety comes off during the draw, my thumb just naturally does it pretty much. The safety on the 238 operates in a similar manner, so I'd train so that your muscle memory develops so that you take the safety off on the draw, but thats just my opinion on it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

^^^ What he said, NO saftey off in pocket. Do it as you draw ; )
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Sounds like a tall order, probably custom.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    You could try talking to a holster maker to see if they can make a prototype. Also, Nate at UBG, has a pocket holster for that looks like it would cover both for you, and he has the 238 on his list of models:
    I have e-mails out to three or four makers who's product looks like a candidate.
    I wish I had never seen the one from Matt Defatti in ostrich leg.
    I would have paid anything, but the 2 1/2 yr wait is impossible.

Maybe I'm missing something...I'm a simple man but...

This Fist #5 Pocket Holster... Fist Pocket Holster ...covers the trigger guard and the safety, if the safety is on the inside. I have several of them.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; November 4th, 2009 at 09:08 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I wish someone would make a pocket holster that covers both the trigger guard and the safety. (on my Sig 238)
    I have a Nemisis and it doesn't cover the safety. I looked at a Fist, and it leaves a lot of space in the trigger guard. The Mika seems kinda generic, no moulding to the gun.
    I don't want to buy so many and be disappointed.
    I've looked at probably 15 websites and found them lacking (or unattainable) I found a beauty by Mat DeFatti, but the wait is 2 1/2 years, no thanks.
    That "...no moulding to the gun..." is an advantage, since it breaks up the gun's outline, helping with concealment!

I don't believe you would want any 'molding' in a pocket holster. You would want to be able to draw just the gun and not the holster.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something...I'm a simple man but...

This Fist #5 Pocket Holster... Fist Pocket Holster ...covers the trigger guard and the safety, if the safety is on the inside. I have several of them.
    When I looked at the Fist#5 web site I was not impressed with the "look" of the leather.
    Some say the plastic used in the "thumb" part digs into your thigh.
    I don't have one, but they were among those I looked at hoping for the "perfect" solution.
    I wish their pictures were better.

Do you have a picture of yours?

If you like I will make you one. Email me at robertcerullo@gmail.com

Here is one I made. It is dual carry. I am currently making a few for a buddy that will include the thumb push as well. I love that little pistol. It feels just like a tiny 1911.

Carl
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    my carry gun is an XD so there is no safety, so i dont really have any experiance w/ this. But I would think it would be nice (aslong as trigger is covered) to be able to turn off the safety while still in the pocket. Let say your monitoring a potential BG, your hand in your pocket on your weapon... I'd want to be able to flip that safety off so when the SHTF I was ready to go.
    I'm with you on this one. I have a couple that have a safety, and that's exactly how I look at it. Also have the XD-SC and love it.

Links