carrying without holster - Page 2

carrying without holster

This is a discussion on carrying without holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like daddy maker and the boys to remain undamaged. No way I would carry w/out a holster....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I like daddy maker and the boys to remain undamaged. No way I would carry w/out a holster.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

Personally, I wouldn't do it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Yeah I would go with a BIG no on that. I was just reading an article about this in Gun's and Ammo. It's just not save at all. Nice of Arko to offer up a free holster if it fits.
    S&W M&P 340--HK P2000 V2 40SW--HK P2000SK V2 40SW--Beretta 92 INOX Vertec--SIG P220 45ACP

Phil 1:6

Daanja daanja daanja... I have a Uncle Mikes #10 that will fit my pt-145 I use it for transport but if it will fit the 30 I'll ship it to you free so you don't lose the jewels.

Bad idea. UNsecured and with the trigger exposed you are asking for trouble. It can slide down your pants, trigger can get caught on something, lots of bad things can happen. As said earlier, a gun with an empty chamber is a false sense of security and only just another club or impact weapon in that state of unreadiness. You can get yourself a cheap holster ( Fobus, Uncle Mike or even softside nylon cheapo) as a temporary measure.

Servey saayyysss......

Holsters = safty.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

+1 no way.
    HK P2000 SK .40
    Crossbreed Supertuck & Beltman
    Spyderco Endura
    Semper Fi

Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    ah... I believe they call that deed "mexican carry"

Linky

Mexican carry: misunderstood as to both history and application, this common practice can cause some well-documented problems | Guns Magazine | Find Articles at BNET

good idea? IMHO.... no... in fact its a bad idea. The only safe way I can think of is empty chamber firing pin dropped. you would need to do an israeli draw to ready your pistol though.

Like the others have said find a cheap soft holster to get you started.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    No. Very dangerous. Especially with a Glock. I think the clip draw is an awful idea for the Glock as well, for the same reasons.
    Basis? I would respectfully request that you provide the data used to form your opinion, specifically data referencing Glock/Clipdraw cases. I look forward to your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    A snag or a wayward poke from anything can = BOOM.
    I concur. There's a high propensity for an un-holstered loaded weapon, carried in-pocket, to experience an accidental discharge. I would not recommend this method of carry.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I would never carry without a holster. Gun isn't secured, shifting location, risk of dropping loose. Just a bad idea. Patrick Sweeny just had an article in the Guns and Ammo magazine that came in today's mail on this exact same topic. Even if all you can afford is a nylon Uncle Mike's right now, it's way better than going without.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    Basis? I would respectfully request that you provide the data used to form your opinion, specifically data referencing Glock/Clipdraw cases. I look forward to your reply.
    I believe Arko was referring to the fact that with a "Clipdraw" you have a totally exposed trigger!

A Clipdraw is one thing with a DAO pistol such as a Kel-Tec P3AT or a Ruger LCP, or even a DA revolver where you have a long 10-12 pound trigger pull.

But a Glock is not a DAO and my Glock has a 5 pound trigger. There are also some yahoo's out there with the 2.5 pound "competition" trigger on their CCW Glocks, which is not even recommended for defensive guns. Anything snags on the trigger of most Glock's and you got a BANG!

JMHO. YMMV
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

los
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I believe Arko was referring to the fact that with a "Clipdraw" you have a totally exposed trigger!
    With all due respect, I disagree.

Unless the subject Glock has been grossly modified, it will have a trigger guard.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Bad idea. For many reasons.

The only way for it to be safe is for it to be not chambered. If its not chambered you might as well leave it at home because it wont do you any good if you ever need to use it.

G26 Without Holster

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    I carried a G26 without a holster for about 3 months,..although it did have a Clipdraw attached to it. I never felt unsafe or felt the need to be extra cautious.

The only issue was that the 26 shifted position quite frequently, which led me to purchase a holster.
    I'll echo what has been already mentioned about carrying a G26 without holster. Carrying a G26 without a holster is an accident waiting to happen. Even with the clip there is a chance of an accidental discharge.

For the time being buy an inexpensive "Uncle Mike's" holster. They are very affordable. Later buy a leather holster made by a quality holster maker.

Again, carrying a glock without a holster is an accidental discharge waiting to happen.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links