carrying without holster

carrying without holster

This is a discussion on carrying without holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wanting to know if anyone has carried without a holster. Money is tight right now and i don't have a holster for my ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: carrying without holster

carrying without holster

I was wanting to know if anyone has carried without a holster. Money is tight right now and i don't have a holster for my glock 30 but i want to carry it. The other day i carried it just stuck in my belt for a little while (not chambered). It wasn't as uncomfortable as i thought it would be.

Has anyone else done this. Is it a bad idea. And are there any tips till i get a holster.

bad idea, especially with a glock (no safety) your shirt or something could get in the trigger guard.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but dont you HAVE to use a holster for CC atleast in Ohio?
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

I personally think it's a bad idea. Anything can happen. You could probably get like an Uncle Mike's of something similar for like $10. That's like a coke a day for a week. That'll get you by until money loosens up a bit.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

very BAD idea. I don't know your situation exactly, but Uncle Mike's holsters are about $12. And even as hard as $12 may be able to spend for some people, it's much cheaper than having an incident with your firearm. Good luck.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRags99 View Post
    I personally think it's a bad idea. Anything can happen. You could probably get like an Uncle Mike's of something similar for like $10. That's like a coke a day for a week. That'll get you by until money loosens up a bit.
    I agree. I'd NEVER do that. It's a terrible idea to carry without a proper holster
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

los
    I carried a G26 without a holster for about 3 months,..although it did have a Clipdraw attached to it. I never felt unsafe or felt the need to be extra cautious.

The only issue was that the 26 shifted position quite frequently, which led me to purchase a holster.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I seem to remember an incident in the news of a guy walking around with a Glock in his jeans/sweatpants...

Plaxico Burress - Accidental Shooting
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

two very bad ideas.
    Get a holster. and a gun not ready for your defence is a club.

when you get a good holster, carry one in the pipe.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

sgb
    very bad idea
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    I carried a G26 without a holster for about 3 months,..although it did have a Clipdraw attached to it. I never felt unsafe or felt the need to be extra cautious.

The only issue was that the 26 shifted position quite frequently, which led me to purchase a holster.
    No. Very dangerous. Especially with a Glock. I think the clip draw is an awful idea for the Glock as well, for the same reasons. A snag or a wayward poke from anything can = BOOM.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    OP

Surely you can dig in the couch cushings and in the junk drawers for change, maybe find some cans to sell or something to afford a $10. holster. Don't take a chance with your current situation. That cheap holster would seem real cheap if God forbid something like an ND occurred because the trigger hung on your clothes or it slips through the waist band and you try to catch it.
    [One Nation Under God]

I have a small universal type Desantis. I'll check after work late tonight and see if it will work with the Glock, and it's yours if you want it.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    I have a small universal type Desantis. I'll check after work late tonight and see if it will work with the Glock, and it's yours if you want it.
    Offering up a free holster; you sir, deserve a beer.
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Bfunk View Post
    Offering up a free holster; you sir, deserve a beer.
    No big deal Bfunk. My friends here have been good to me, and I like to return the favor when I can. Especially for someone's safety.

But I'll still take that beer!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Not safe and not responsible!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links