Pocket Holster for Ruger LCR???

This is a discussion on Pocket Holster for Ruger LCR??? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I prefer belt carry for my LCR But would opt for the High Noon pocket grabber if I needed a pocket holster. Here is my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket Holster for Ruger LCR???

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I prefer belt carry for my LCR

But would opt for the High Noon pocket grabber if I needed a pocket holster.

Here is my Review of two LCR holsters from High Noon

------------------------------------------------------------------------

High Noon Holster Review- RUGER LCR

2. Remove Ads

i use a uncle mikes small auto size zero for the p3at. around $10.00 and just as good as the high dollar ones. does what it is made to do. they have pocket holsters for j-frames that will do the same, work.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey y'all: New to the site and like what I read. Hey frankmako: I also have an Uncle Mikes pocket holster for about $7 and it does what it is intended to do for my kel-tec P3AT. I tend to run around town (retired) in loose sport-type pants and shorts with large pockets; I can present my pistol rather easily but the small holster in those large pockets tends to slide around a little too much so I improvised. I took a piece of old thin bike tire inner tube a cut a piece that is about a 1/2 inch longer on each side of the bottom of the holster. I sliced the tube lengthwise and placed it over the bottom of the holster and then proceeded to double over the extended edges and wrap them in the sticky tape that is used to wrap hockey stick and baseball bat and tennis racket handles. I made sure that the wrap on the edges left no room for the section on the bottom of the holster to move around or fall off. I then rubbed a little bit of silicone glue/sealer over the wrap. My holster now has "bottom wings" that are somewhat sticky; when I place the holster in my roomy pockets, the holster stays perfectly in place. It may not be pretty but who cares--it works great and all for only $7.

Because of the lightness of the LCR (loaded) it is a pleasure to carry using the Smartcarry. Very concealable and easy to draw because of the Hogue grip. Following the draw instructions (with unloaded revolver) it is a smooth draw and easy to control the gun. I would give it a try since the vendor gives you a 60 day grace period to return with refund. Can't lose for trying. Good Luck and stay safe.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Hey Diablo: As you can see from posts on your thread, already you've got several choices. Kydex is ultra thin and durable and is probably best for functional pocket carry. If you like showing off then leather'other skins is the way to go. Personally, my gun is for me and no one else and kydex is the way, particularly for in pocket, where space is a premium. Hopefully, before you choose, you can find out if a mfgr has a return policy---some posters may like a particular mfgr (just look at the posts) and his internet pix are great but you do not find it to your liking--if you can return you can live for another day--if not you are stuck. I have found almost all the pocket holsters to be about the same in basic design from the $10 to the expensive (not necessarily quality) but they all, IMO, move around too much in my pocket to the point that am thinking about it when I try to present my firearm. Some holsters are ID'd under "thumb push holsters" on internet and I purchased a kydex thumb push from FIST holsters, which was the only one I found that truly had a dedicated platform for thumb push. When you are ready to present your firearm from its holster in your pocket, you grap the grip and as you do so your thumb "naturally" is at the top of the holster. It can then "push" on the "platform" as you pull on the firearm, thus maintaining absolute stability on the holster without the movement. My choice--just sayin. Way too many choices--good luck.

Nemesis, cheap and works well, and holds up well.
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links