IWB holster for big guy ? - Page 2

IWB holster for big guy ?

This is a discussion on IWB holster for big guy ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 6'3" 330lbs and I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Great holster and great people to deal with....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IWB holster for big guy ?

6'3" 330lbs and I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Great holster and great people to deal with.
    I must have more 1911's. Someone donate me a Springfield EMP.

Im 6'2 248 and I use a blackhawk IWB (my normal carry is a SERPA owb), it was and still is my dads, but we regularly swap holsters to "fit our mood" so to speak. Hes 6'4 and was almost 320 pounds when he first bought it and it worked like a charm, still does now and he lost about 40 pounds. BTW I carry a full size sigma 40 most of the time and he carries a full size XD-9 in it.
    -Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    5'9 270+/-
    still carry Done Hume IWB from 3:00-4:00 depending on pants. went up in shirt size to accomodate. Feels comfy to me.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Comp-tac MTAC, I am 6-1 and 245.
    Keep your powder dry

I'm 6' 1"ish, 250. Skinny legs and no ass, it's all in my gut and torso. I carry my Glock 19 or 32 in a MTAC at about 3:30 with no problem, it's quite comfortable. At least as comfortable as it's going to get! It helps if you pick a reasonably compact gun like the G19 and get a good belt, like a Beltman.

I've tried carrying my LW Gov't model 1911, but no go for me. I'm sticking to the compact Glocks for on-body carry.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Not tall here but wide @ 5'9" 210. Checkout something in kydex (thin) like a MTAC or FIST K4. Actually FIST has a bunch of good kydex options that would work.

6ft 270lb crossbreed supertuck, springfield xd9 4", no problems concealing with polo shirts

6'2" 230 here and my G36 rides in a Don Hume 715 IWB holster at the 4:00 position. I generally wear loose fitting Hawaiian style XXL shirts and regular jeans, but my XXL polos work pretty well too. I just ordered a smartcarry for deep concealment and looking forward to trying it out. Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I see this thread is from a long time ago, but wanted to put my set up on here as for when I was looking for the best option on Google this thread was one of the ones that came up... I CC my FS M&P 9mm in my Galco king tuk at the 3-4 o'clock position. I have no problems with shirts not covering what so ever. I also have no problems sitting down or driving my pick up. I also carry my .357 in the same manner.

Being bigger, the most comfortable holster for me is my N82 tactical or my Kholster crescent. The N82 is nice because of the padding/memory foam/suede on the back, The Kholster crescent is nice because it's a little bigger in width so is disperses the weight better and fits us bigger guys better, plus has a actual body shield on it, people without the extra weight don't get the when you only have a small piece of leather behind the slide your fat can actually "hug" it a little and it's very uncomfortable. I started with a Crossbreed Supertuck, and I'm sure it would have been great if I wasn't heavier, but the Comfort on the other 2 was well worth it.

I too am a heavyweight. The 3 - 4 o'clock works for me but I can't conceal under a T or polo shirt very well. I wear an unbuttoned, size too large regular shirt over a T Shirt to hide the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjns View Post
    I too am a heavyweight. The 3 - 4 o'clock works for me but I can't conceal under a T or polo shirt very well. I wear an unbuttoned, size too large regular shirt over a T Shirt to hide the gun.
    Same here..... Ruger SR40C in either a fobus paddle holster or a Foxx Holsters IWB Hybrid. I am 5'11, 250lbs and both with a larger shirt.

I'm about the same size 6' 240 and carry most of the time a S&W M642 in either a Don Hume IWB or in a Michael's Pocket holster.
    Livin the Life!
    Join and Support the NRA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links