Crimson Trace Lasergrip on G26...who has it?

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace Lasergrip on G26...who has it? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The LG-626 CT Lasergrip on your G26 or G27? Pros and cons please. How do you like it, how well does it work, etc..? I'm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crimson Trace Lasergrip on G26...who has it?

The LG-626 CT Lasergrip on your G26 or G27? Pros and cons please. How do you like it, how well does it work, etc..? I'm thinking of buying one now for my wife's G26 which will end up being her Christmas present. I've run across some good deals on these now with free shipping. She held an OD green G26 with CT LGs at the gun shop a couple of months ago and liked it. I didn't care too much for it myself, but I think she'd feel better with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The LG-626 CT Lasergrip on your G26 or G27? Pros and cons please. How do you like it, how well does it work, etc..? I'm thinking of buying one now for my wife's G26 which will end up being her Christmas present. I've run across some good deals on these now with free shipping. She held an OD green G26 with CT LGs at the gun shop a couple of months ago and liked it. I didn't care too much for it myself, but I think she'd feel better with it.
    I have CT LG's on my G30. Other than the fact there is no on off switch I like them. My eyesight ain't what it used to be so any help I can get is a good thing. I don't buy the argument " don't buy them because the batteries can go dead" A seta belt might fail but I wear them anyway.

Do the following:

1. Check the batteries often. They probably will not fail if you need them. Having the possibility of a malfunction does not make the CT a bad idea and IMHO doesn't negate their installation on a carry pistol.
    2. If they do fail, you have iron sights. That's why you should practice and stay proficient I am considering some Trijicon or Meprolight night sites as well.

I am getting a full size Kimber end of the month and I plan on CT's for that as well.

I have them on my G27 G23 and on my J frame. It helps nite time, and if I do not have, or lose my glasses, I can hit center mass to 30-40 feet, day or nite. I practice both with and without Laser, and with and without glasses, just to be prepared, but really like using Lasers.
    I also added a laserguard to the Kahr CW9 you see in my Avatar.
    Last edited by rogerdodger; November 12th, 2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added CW9 info.

I am always worried about extra grip girth in that I love my Glock's but I have small-medium hands and do not want more of a brick!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Got CT on 6 different pistols among the blend is my G-27, it works just fine and makes the grip somewhat larger but not enough for me notice.

I have Lasergrips on my G19. I also wish they had an "off" switch for training purposes. The laser housing on the right side of the slide can sometimes print (I use a Smartcarry), but pleated pants fixes that. I actually like how the battery compartments "fill" the palm of my hand.

Don't worry about the batteries going dead. They don't just "die." They will dim and give you warning that they need to be replaced.

I have the Laserguard on my G26. I like it better than the Lasergrips - it has an "off" button, and does not add to the width of the pistol. Fits perfectly in my Smartcarry, but could interfere with other holsters.

My wife has a Laserguard on her LCP, and I have a Lasergrip on my SP101 revolver.

I've used ArmaLaser and Lasermax internal lasers. CT is the best of the bunch. Turns on when you grip the gun. Simple point and shoot, just like a Glock.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by harley2007 View Post
    I am always worried about extra grip girth in that I love my Glock's but I have small-medium hands and do not want more of a brick!
    I have the same problem. I wish the G26 had a rail. I would put the uni-green lasermax on it. As It will fit on a rail as small as 1inch.

The only option I see for me is a guide rod laser.

VIP Member
    I've been looking at these also...I'm considering the laserguard, because I can switch it from the G19 to the 26...the only problem is holsters...The lasergrips would solve that issue...I'm still thinking about one or the other...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I've got one on a G23.....does that count? I like 'em. Supriseingly solid fit. bright red 'dot' to 'hone in on', and dosn't interfere with any of the various holsters I use.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I've got the grips on my G26 and I carry it every day. The only problem I notice is since I'm right handed and I carry IWB the laser is the part that pokes out the most. Still not a noticeable problem though.

Overall very good and very happy with my purchase of the laser.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    my dad has one on his G26. It does make the grip slightly larger on the top though no complaints came from him since he has larger hands. It keeps its adjustment well and turns on with a good grip. No on/off switch with his model and I don't know if its an option, but not really a problem since the switch is on the back of the grip.

Hope that helps you RR
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I also have the Lasergrips on my G26. I don't have particularly large hands and find that the difference is not really noticeable. CT now has the LG-436 Laserguard available for the 26 (and others) so you can have the benefits of a laser without changing the grip at all. The LG-436 also has a Master on/off for those who want it.

i have it on my g27, works great, for mye i like that it thickins up the grip a bit, on my g23 i have a houge slip on to do the same

Does CT have a green laser yet? I've tried them both and can see the green laser better in the daytime.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Had one on a G26 before and loved it! I have large hands and it fit me just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links