High Noon Side Guard for HK USP

This is a discussion on High Noon Side Guard for HK USP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need to order a holster for my HK USP Full size 9mm. A OWB is a must, especially for a gun of this size. ...

I need to order a holster for my HK USP Full size 9mm. A OWB is a must, especially for a gun of this size. I really like the looks of the Side Guard from High Noon. Looks like a lot of detailed boning takes places. Not sure why, but I really like the yellow thread he used on the holster on his website. Here is a link.

Slide Guard

I will ask him for the same thread on mine. I will also order a lined holster. I think the $120 price tag is reasonable for a holster of this quality. But I thought I would ask others on here what their expierence is with High Noon. I appreciate all the replies ahead of time.
    Thanks
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I have two High Noon Slide Guards (one lined, one unlined) for my Sigs and they are beautiful well made holsters that I've enjoyed for five years or so with no problems. In my opinion, High Noon is a good company that makes (and stands by) an excellent product.

Thanks man, and fellow NC'er. I read good things about them on this site and think I will place an order today for a lined holster. I really wanted a more aggressive cant due to the size of the USP, nothing radical but maybe 20 degrees as I think it would help to conceal it better. I contacted several holster makers, K&D, UBG ( Nate ), and High Noon, and a few others but none wanted to do it, so I guess I will just have to stick with the 15 degree cant. The reason wasn't a negative to a greater cant, it was because it would hinder their production to much to change it, at least that is what I got from their replies. I will say Nate put me in contact with somebody who would make what I needed and I thank him for that, but I like the quality of HN Side Guard much better. I am also going to get the holster lined with their synthetic material, how is yours wearing on the lined holster? I will post pics when it arrives.

NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

I have a High Noon Slide Guard for my Glock 19 on order. I'm hoping to get it early next month in time for my birthday. One reason I ordered it because I haven't heard any bad things about their holsters.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

That's a good choice, I love mine. I got the horsehide lined and I am very happy with it.
    It pulls the gun in close and retention is great.

ETA: The guys at High Noon are great, they stand behind their product

GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I just bought a Public Secret and it's excellent. The retention was perfect right out of the box and that clip could hold up a Mack truck.

But here's the thing that blew me away....it was for a Taurus PT145 and the holster is actually molded with an indent for the manual safety in the On position.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Thanks for the feedback I really appreciate it.

NCH
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Let me also clarify that K&D didn't refuse to make my holster because of the altered cant, he refused to make my holster because I wanted one in brown and he only makes black holsters now. Yep black only, that and he doesn't have a mold or actual USP to use for a mold. Sure seems like a USP is a standard model with most manufacturers, I agree it isn't a Glock, but it sure isn't a rare pistol. Let's just say it's time to try someobody new. I look forward to dealing with High Noon for this holster and in the future.
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Let me also clarify that K&D didn't refuse to make my holster because of the altered cant, he refused to make my holster because I wanted one in brown and he only makes black holsters now. Yep black only, that and he doesn't have a mold or actual USP to use for a mold. Sure seems like a USP is a standard model with most manufacturers, I agree it isn't a Glock, but it sure isn't a rare pistol. Let's just say it's time to try someobody new. I look forward to dealing with High Noon for this holster and in the future.
    Let me see if I understand this correctly. You are complaining because a business man, in this case a holster maker, has made some business decisions that don't sit well with you. The owner of K&D has decided to only make holsters in black and has stated that clearly on his website and you seem to think that there is something wrong with that. He doesn't make a holster for the particular gun you want a holster for and for some reason you think that this is also wrong even though it is not it is not listed as one he offers holsters for. Evidently he is not alone in not making holsters for this pistol.

If I am right in my understanding of what you are saying I have one question. What are you complaining about? I really don't understand what about this is causing you to post about it. It happens everyday in all kinds of business. They decide what they are going to offer and they are either successful, unsuccessful, or change in the hope of being successful. It is their business to run and they answer to whoever owns the business. In a corporation it's the stockholders. In a sole proprietorship it is himself. Either way I really don't understand what you are writing about.

Maybe I missed something, but from reading this thread it just appears you are mad about something and want to run down someone's business. If I misunderstood, please explain.

Links