Ankle Holster for S&W 637

This is a discussion on Ankle Holster for S&W 637 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any suggestions for a close fitting ankle holster for the S&W 637? Tryed a Fobus rig today and that was a total bust. ...

Thread: Ankle Holster for S&W 637

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Ankle Holster for S&W 637

Anyone have any suggestions for a close fitting ankle holster for the S&W 637?

Tryed a Fobus rig today and that was a total bust. Getting straight cut pants over it was a monumental task.

The pants I wear are jeans and carrying at work is not only OK, it is encouraged. The problem is, I do mechanical work. Pocket carry is OK most of the time but there are days that I may be laying on my strong side for several hours working on machinery.

My current setup, Uncle Mikes #4, is great when working in a office or doing vertical tasks. Laying down is, well, painful.

Thoughts and ideas warmly welcomed.

Best!

Craig
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Alessi
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Galco Ankle Glove with strap, around $80.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

+1 on Alessi

IMO the Ankle Glove trumps the Alessi in comfort and fit. An Alessi is a great holster, but it's a lot of holster for a 15 ounce gun.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    I've had both and the Alessi is the best though hard to come by. I use the Galco Ankle Glove and it is a very good holster that gets the job done!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

The Alessi is the Cadillac...the Galco is a very close second, probably a Buick. Two best out there for the money.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VIP Member
    I would recommend a Galco with the calf strap...The strap takes a lot of pressure off your ankle and lets you wear the holster a little looser on your ankle which really helps when you are wearing it many hours a day...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I need similar input.

I wear pull on ropers 99% of the time and am looking to get an ankle holster that will properly fit my boots. Any suggestions?
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I have 3 different ankle holsters. The Galco Ankle Glove, the Renegade and a Don Hume. The Don Hume is well made but not in the same class as the other two, its bulkier and not that comfortable. As for the Galco and Renegade, both are comfortable, the edge going to the Renegade which I think has a better elastic band and thicker artificial sheep skin for cushioning. The Galco leather is stiffer and formed to the shape of the gun making it easy to reholster. The Renegade uses a soft material like an artificial leather that is not formed to any specific model gun, I found several guns of similiar size will fit without a problem. The drawback of the Renegade is that its slightly more difficult to reholster because of the soft leather and I found it just a bit more difficult to get a good grip on the gun due to the way the holster is cut. The holster is cut higher and seems closer to the grip of the gun. On the plus side the Renegade wins for price, it was $51.95 before shipping. Despite the 2 drawbacks Id have to give the edge to Renegade because of comfort. Due to my job the ankle holster is the only way I can carry with total concealment. I carry everyday and only change between the 2 holsters when I change carry guns. I carried a 637, you wont even know its on your ankle.

Desantis Apache Ankle Rig. Very comfortable and form fitting. I've had mine for 2-3 years and it still is secure. $48.

http://http://www.desantisholster.co...e&ctg_id=11927

I agree the ankle glove is the one I grab when ankle carry is a must. I carry a model 60 and a 649 in mine with no problems although I do want to order the strap.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links