More Than I Bargained From Mr. Brommeland

This is a discussion on More Than I Bargained From Mr. Brommeland within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I put in a call to Mr.Brommeland Saturday morning . I got a return call this afternoon. Not only did Gary offer to buy a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Than I Bargained From Mr. Brommeland

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar

I put in a call to Mr.Brommeland Saturday morning .
    I got a return call this afternoon.
    Not only did Gary offer to buy a dummy gun to fit my s&w sigma ve but, i got a lot of darn good advice in the process. What a great feeling .
    I thought he was just calling to tell me he can't make a rig for my weapon.
    I soon found out he was willing to R&D a rig for my gun. Is that great...or what?
    I got some very fine advice from him too - for instance, we all have probably had when we started to carry like what to do about your weapon in a public restroom.
    It was a question that I didn't want to post for fear of being laughed at.
    It was valid just the same.
    I got the advice to hide it with your skivvy shorts by pulling them over your weapon while in the stall.
    Well, it might not be a big deal elsewhere but, it is in California 'cause you don't want the LEOs waiting out side the stall lol.
    I also had trouble with the checkering on the body side of the ve rubbing me raw and a tucked in "wife beater" wasn't helping much.
    The advice though simple was something I hadn't thought of.
    It was dulling the checkering with a Emory board, BTW: Gary that worked out great. Thanks!
    I just wanted to say that the advice is great here...even when your are too embarrassed or too shy to ask .
    He spent a total of about twenty minutes talking to me and i didn't even order a rig yet. (keyword being yet)
    You can bet your bottom dollar his rig will cover my weapon soon.
    Gary, Thanks for taking the time and Thanks for the insight

What a great place and bunch of fellas.
    BTW: I hope this post looks and reads better than the first ones I posted
    PS Gary ever have any exotic welding ? Feel free to call.
    I owe you one.

You are most welcome. Helping newbies is a big part of what this forum is about.

Lead Moderator
    You shouldn't be embarrassed to ask anything on this board. And if I remember we have had a thread on what to do in the rest room.

When you have a question you think might be embarrassing try the search mode, maybe someone else has already asked it, if not, go ahead and ask, someone else is probably wondering.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator

Talking Ditto Rick:

And when you gotta go...you gotta go.
    Best to know exactly how to accomplish it while carrying a firearm at the waist.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    i tryed to type that in a decent format see it still had to be cleaned up will try harder next time i dont want to mess up the form lol
    ps garry for money reasons i have to stick with the sigma and it is the weapon i qualified with on my permit so untill it shows up im stuck with this one thanks though and if you do get a dummy for it ill buy a maxcon v for it

Hey snake - you're improving daily! As a new CC folk myself - I've asked tons of questions here , and always gotten very respectful, helpful responses . That's one of the many reasons I really like this forum - everyone is tolerant, helpful and nice. I may blush when I post my question - but heh heh - that's why I'm wearing make-up in my pic! LOL!

One of the interesting aspects of this Forum is that it is one of the very few I've ever been involved with that had people posting on it who have a commercial interest in the subject, without taking advantage of the Forum.

The advice and comments made by our members with a commercial interest always seem to be honest and open, and never simple "ad-hype," or a veiled commercial advertisement.

Simply put, they maintain a high level of "professional detachment."

Their presence here adds greatly to the Forum. I've seen it go sadly otherwise, on too many other forums, some gun-related, some not.

We are lucky to have such people.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Lead Moderator
    you can ask almost anything and get a honest, straight forward answer. Ya may get some good natured ribbing, but it isn't mean or derogative.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Hey, the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssssthesnake
    i tryed to type that in a decent format see it still had to be cleaned up will try harder next time i dont want to mess up the form lol
    ps garry for money reasons i have to stick with the sigma and it is the weapon i qualified with on my permit so untill it shows up im stuck with this one thanks though and if you do get a dummy for it ill buy a maxcon v for it
    Hey, I've heard a lot of talk about the Sigma not being a good pistol. Hogwash, I had one it felt better than the Glock 23. The trigger pull is longer and heavier than on the Glock but that is a safety feature to some. The only reason I traded it was I wanted the CZ100 and I have a Glock23 and a G32 barrel I can use in it. I'm sure that after you get a holster from Gary you'll be happy with your set up. For awhile anyways. You'll soon need to get more.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    You shouldn't be embarrassed to ask anything on this board. And if I remember we have had a thread on what to do in the rest room.

When you have a question you think might be embarrassing try the search mode, maybe someone else has already asked it, if not, go ahead and ask, someone else is probably wondering.

Heck. In Texas that's where the CCW's get cleaned. That is if there is nothing to read.
    john

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker
    Hey, I've heard a lot of talk about the Sigma not being a good pistol. Hogwash, I had one it felt better than the Glock 23. The trigger pull is longer and heavier than on the Glock but that is a safety feature to some. The only reason I traded it was I wanted the CZ100 and I have a Glock23 and a G32 barrel I can use in it. I'm sure that after you get a holster from Gary you'll be happy with your set up. For awhile anyways. You'll soon need to get more.
    There is a lot of Sigma bashing in the gun community but I'll tell ya. I am a big S&W fan. They have a large variety of firearms. Many styles, calibers, and a number of price points.

S&W is not the only brand I own, but it comprises most of my collection and favorites.

S&W? Keep up the good work.
    john

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jclif1995
    There is a lot of Sigma bashing in the gun community but I'll tell ya. I am a big S&W fan. They have a large variety of firearms. Many styles, calibers, and a number of price points.

S&W is not the only brand I own, but it comprises most of my collection and favorites.

S&W? Keep up the good work.
    Now that longer and heavier trigger pull that so many Yada-Yada about is one of the safety features of that pistol. If it comes down to needing it you'll never notice the trigger pull. In fact some excited people have made some mistakes with a light trigger before. I traded mine to get a CZ100 that I wanted.

DC Founder
    Everyone repeat after me, "There are no stupid questions on this forum." I would add that we won't laugh or otherwise beat you down for asking questions....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Twelve of my sixteen weeks wait are over for my Brommeland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links