Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo (Pics & Review Inside)

This is a discussion on Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo (Pics & Review Inside) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased this bag to replace my manly diaper bag. My daughter is now almost three and I no longer need all the diapers, wipes, ...

Thread: Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo (Pics & Review Inside)

Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo (Pics & Review Inside)

I purchased this bag to replace my manly diaper bag. My daughter is now almost three and I no longer need all the diapers, wipes, change of clothes for her, etc that I used to carry when we went places.

I now have a smaller bag to carry my essentials. Spare mag, flashlight, multi tool, Tylenol, sanitary wipes & the Blackberry.

This leaves room for all the extras we take for my daughter when we go out for a day trip like maybe a sweater, camera, snack, etc.

I heard complaints that the opening was too small for a full sized handgun and an easy draw. As you can see from the picture I have my Subcompact with the full size extended magazine in it and there is plenty of room for the draw.

Very well made with double stiching and is very ergonomic. So far I would highly recommend it.

Almost forgot. $92.42 from Optic Planet. That includes the universal holster for it and shipping. It took less than 6 days for me to get it once I placed my order online.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

I have one as well and I really like it. There is plenty of room for everything I need to carry and then some room for stuff that I don't need and just want. I think there is enough room for a fill size handgun. The best fit that I have found is a 4" 1911. The 5" fits just sits a little high in the pocket. I just find the 4" easier to draw, so maybe that is what people are talking about when they talk about the size of the pocket. I have a small stuff sack that I call my kid module that I throw in whenever I have to take my children somewhere. I would recommend this back to people.

Thanks for the review, Sir.
    I, too, use a Maxpedition Gear bag. Though, one size smaller. I use a Serpa holster w paddle attachment over the netting in the main compartment. But the more I see the larger gearbags, the more I'm considering one.

dan

VIP Member
    I use Maxpedition Gearslingers for hunting. There great for the extra gear you need while out in the woods.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I have had my Jumbo for about five years. Carry my CCW in it and also use it for EDC stuff too. The bag has been over engineered to the nth degree. After five years it still looks like new with no visible wear marks at all. Quality stuff.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Great review - I've had my black Jumbo Versapack for three years and I love it. I frequently carry my 5" Kimber TLE II and extra magazines in it. I don't find the high ride to be too terrible overall. Beyond that it's one of the best gear bags ever. Hats off to Maxpedition!
    Nothing unreal exists

VIP Member
    Very nice...I really like it now that the zippers match the bag color....I may have to upgrade to a new Jumbo.... Great review...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

They are the best Investment ever i Have 2 of them and they are great, I use mine also as a diaper bag but I also carry a Box of .223ammo in it an extra pistol and a box of ammo for said pistol, as well as all the needs for the little one, plus a spare Mag, Phone, Light, and a few other things.
    When the dust settles only the prepared will survive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

remember the only thing common about common sense is that its not that common

Shoot low boys their riding Shetland ponies.

At first I was going to make a wise crack about matching shoes, but when the pack is used in place of a diaper bag (and a gun)...sounds like a winner to me!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I've been using a Remura but am going to upgrade. They are a solid company.

Links