Getting Better?????

Getting Better?????

This is a discussion on Getting Better????? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, here's my third try at an IWB. It's a far sight from the first one I made. I still have that one, but have ...

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar

Getting Better?????

Well, here's my third try at an IWB. It's a far sight from the first one I made. I still have that one, but have since dyed and finished it. What'dya think??? (Remember, I'm an amateur, Kevin's definitely look better.)

Attached Images
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Assistant Administrator
    Wow! tell ya what that is a great effort indeed - nice job.

OK, some small points show a lack of experience - but that ain't a crit' - just an observation. Heck - only your third attempt - brilliant.

I reckon if any of us could achieve that we'd be doin darned well. Kudos
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Think you are doing an excellent job. If you keep on working at it, you might give Mr. Brommeland and others some competition some day.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Lead Moderator
    Very nice. I enjoy building my kydex holsters. The pride of doing it yourself is great. Keep up the good work.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Not bad at all Jar! I would love to put one out like that. What's the cant on that rig? and the only thing I would do different is change to black clips instead of the chrome for stealth purposes.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

VIP Member
    Nice piece of work. I agree with the black clip idea, but it's a good looking rig.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    What's the cant on that rig? and the only thing I would do different is change to black clips instead of the chrome for stealth purposes.

Ti.
    The cant, well, if you hold your tongue in your cheek and tilt your head to just about....THERE.

Seriously, I just cant it until the gun hilt is about even vertically with the barrel tip. To me, this seems to make the smallest "target" if you will (easier to hide).

I agree with the black clips as well. I just take what I can find. Tandy Leather is where I find, and they don't have much. Kevin has hooked me up before, maybe I'll talk to him about a pack of clips.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

You're coming along nicely, good to see the boning taking shape as well. I'm not sure how the pros do it but a full length sight rail is always a nice touch to keep those bits of leather from clinging to the front sight when you draw - though it looks like you've got a good space there to solve that problem.

For hardware, try doing a search for Texas Knifemaker Supply. There are several other supply houses but I can't think of the names now. TKS has a good selection of damned near everything though.
    Jack

Administrator

Thumbs up Jarhead

Thumbs Up Buddy! Very Nice.

Real good lookin' hunk of leather!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Nice looking start on something that you may really enjoy doing. You talk to the Craftsmen here and you soon see that it's more than just a business with them.

Nice job. The more of them you make and the more practice you get, the better the product. Hell of a fine start though!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

After this post, I've actually made and sold about 10. They are coming along very nice. A little help from Chris on edging with a little demo from the guy at Tandy Leather made for some fine finishing touches. So far, I've made:

two for G27,
    two for XD40/9,
    one 1911,
    one sp101,
    one for CZ75b,
    one for FM hi power,
    one for Bersa T380,
    one for a Beretta 9000s,
    two for G23/19.

Now if you can count better than me that's 12 not 10. I've even done one OWB belt slider for a Glock 27. Haven't finished it yet, but the boning on it is AWESOME. I think my company name will be Ugly Bald Guy Holsters. Do you think the name sells???

Awesome!
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Links