Crossbreed MicroClip vs. MiniTuck

This is a discussion on Crossbreed MicroClip vs. MiniTuck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I originally bought a CB MicroClip for my Kahr MK9. This was my first IWB holster and found it to be extremely comfortable. Since the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: Crossbreed MicroClip vs. MiniTuck

Crossbreed MicroClip vs. MiniTuck

I originally bought a CB MicroClip for my Kahr MK9. This was my first IWB holster and found it to be extremely comfortable. Since the only has a single clip, I found that the weight of the MK9 was more comfortable in the 4 o'clock position for me. It was stable in other positions, but it didn't feel as comfortable.

To make a long story short, I wanted a Crimson Trace LaserGrip for my MK9, but I found out it doesn't fit the original early version that I have. So I ended up buying a Kahr PM9 and a Crimson Trace LaserGuard. Since CB doesn't make a MicroClip that fits the PM9 with LaserGuard, I ended up with the CB MiniTuck. I found it to be even more comfortable than the Microclip and almost exactly the same size. I was also able to fine tune the position since it has a little more leather and a second clip. The MicroClip is definitely better for lighter polymer guns (like the Kahr PM9) rather than a heavier gun like the MK9.

Some comparison pictures are attached. Crossbreed also has excellent service. I received both orders within a week of ordering. My only gripe is that I didn't buy the MiniTuck earlier. My MK9 also fits in it, so my MicroClip may go into my bin of holsters unless I can sell it. :)

First picture: MicroClip on left (MK9). MiniTuck on right (PM9 with LG-437).
    Second picture: Crossbreed MicroClip on top. MiniTuck on bottom.
    Attached Images
    AS90 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the info. I bought a MicroClip for a Kahr some time ago and wasn't that thrilled with the single clip. I just picked up an LCP and was interested in the MiniTuck - looks like I'll be going with that based on your input.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by satchmod View Post
    Thanks for the info. I bought a MicroClip for a Kahr some time ago and wasn't that thrilled with the single clip. I just picked up an LCP and was interested in the MiniTuck - looks like I'll be going with that based on your input.
    - I'm glad you were able to find some useful information in my comparison. I was actually hoping to find one before I bought both holsters. :)

I do think the MicroClip is perfect for the PM series or other polymer guns simply because of the weight. The MK9 is 22oz. unloaded, so the second clip helps out a lot.

Thinking about getting one of these for my LCP. For a weapon as light as the LCP, would the horsehide or cowhide be better?

I think you'd be fine with the cowhide. The LCP is only 12oz. loaded, so I would think the cowhide would feel more comfortable.
    jccash likes this.

I carry a PT140 in a cowhide MiniTuck. I am conscious of the weight of the gun, but I can't tell the holster is even there.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I think you'd be fine with the cowhide. The LCP is only 12oz. loaded, so I would think the cowhide would feel more comfortable.
    Hello, I just purchased a Sig P238. I was thinking of buying the Crossbreed Microclip but after reading this thread I'm now thinking of the mini clip. How much does the microclip slip (if you happen or others know). The size seems adequate for smaller hand guns.

Thanks,

JC

The Sig P238 is a light and small gun, so I don't think it would slip at all in either CrossBreed holster. I still have my MiniTuck for my PM9, but I've switched over to the Remora since it's much easier to adjust.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I originally bought a CB MicroClip for my Kahr MK9. This was my first IWB holster and found it to be extremely comfortable. Since the only has a single clip, I found that the weight of the MK9 was more comfortable in the 4 o'clock position for me. It was stable in other positions, but it didn't feel as comfortable.

To make a long story short, I wanted a Crimson Trace LaserGrip for my MK9, but I found out it doesn't fit the original early version that I have. So I ended up buying a Kahr PM9 and a Crimson Trace LaserGuard. Since CB doesn't make a MicroClip that fits the PM9 with LaserGuard, I ended up with the CB MiniTuck. I found it to be even more comfortable than the Microclip and almost exactly the same size. I was also able to fine tune the position since it has a little more leather and a second clip. The MicroClip is definitely better for lighter polymer guns (like the Kahr PM9) rather than a heavier gun like the MK9.

Some comparison pictures are attached. Crossbreed also has excellent service. I received both orders within a week of ordering. My only gripe is that I didn't buy the MiniTuck earlier. My MK9 also fits in it, so my MicroClip may go into my bin of holsters unless I can sell it. :)

First picture: MicroClip on left (MK9). MiniTuck on right (PM9 with LG-437).
    Second picture: Crossbreed MicroClip on top. MiniTuck on bottom.
    That PM9 w/ laser and Minituck is a slick set up, I like that a lot! PM9 looks good all black. I'm going to mimic your setup here shortly if ya don't mind

Here's my current carry set up. Custom leather belt and holster made by a guy named Steven Tapia in AZ, and a G26. Here's his work.

IWBTuckablesOxBlood1.jpg
    IWBTuckablesOxBlood3.jpg

Links