Brommeland Def Con

Brommeland Def Con

This is a discussion on Brommeland Def Con within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently, Gary posted here about some prototype DefCon holsters for 5" 1911s. He described them as being lightly worn, and was selling them at a ...

Senior Moderator

Brommeland Def Con

Recently, Gary posted here about some prototype DefCon holsters for 5" 1911s.

He described them as being lightly worn, and was selling them at a reduced price. I was lucky enough to jump on one while he still had some.

I have to take issue with his description of "lightly worn", though. I looked very carefully at this holster, and I'll be darned if I can find any marks or wear on it whatsoever.

The craftsmanship is impressive. This is a fine product indeed. I am carrying my Warrior in it, and even though it was not made for the rail frame, it fits very nicely. The way the belt slots are designed pulls the butt in snugly, and the holster is very comfortable.

The timing on this works out pretty well - I am taking a class Saturday, and I think I am going to wear my new holster. I'll post a full review when I get back from the class.

Meanwhile, let me say this - Gary makes a very high quality product.

Matt

Administrator

Talking

Yeah...Dontcha just hate it when something turns out to be in much better condition than you expected it to be in?

Senior Moderator
    I am really, really impressed with the quality of this holster. The leather is stiff enough to hold its shape (and hold the mouth open for a one handed return to holster) while still being comfy to wear and easy to draw from.

Matt
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MattInFla; April 26th, 2006 at 05:48 PM.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    Looks nice. I sort of wish that I had jumped on one even though I don't much carry my 1911.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

los
    Looks like you got yourself a great deal !~!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Got home from work today and found that mine had arrived also. I concur with everything that MattLarson said. I cannot find a mark on it. Gave it to my wife and she found a very slight smudge, I can't even see it.

The holster pulls the gun in very tight to the body. Put it on under a sweatshirt and wife could not see it. This is one very nice holster. Beautiful work. Thanks Gary for a great deal!

That's definitely a sweet deal on a great looking holster. I'm curious what the "design changes" were on that compared to the previous model. I'm leaning really heavily toward a Def-Con for my XD45. I know the Max-ConV conceals great and is really comfortable with my 1911 but the XD's thicker than what I'm use to - plus, I wanna try the Def-Con , hell maybe one of each is called for?
    Jack

VIP Member
    That holster Matt has is a beaut!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Distinguished Member
    very nice holster!
    RKBA

John

Senior Moderator
    Well, after carrying in my new Def Con for a couple of days, I felt very comfortable with it, and wore it to a defensive pistol class yesterday.

Throughout the day, the holster saw a lot of traffic, with gun in and out quite a bit. Very comfortable, smooth draw, good retention while moving around.

As I was sitting down to write this, it occurred to me that I really had not thought about the holster itself at all during the class.

And that is a pretty remarkable, when you think about it. To me, this is the ideal for a holster - comfortable, effective and so well designed that drawing and re-holstering are instinctual.

Thanks again, Gary.

Matt

Hey Matt:
    Did you have to modify your clothing very much to conceal it? I'd love to switch to OWB mode when possible but seems the cover garments would have to be longer than what I wear for my Max-Con V now. Have you noticed much difference?
    Jack

Senior Moderator
    I have some oversized tall t-shirts, and in the medium / darker colors it covers the holster perfectly. The holster does good job holding the butt in, and the width of the holster breaks up the outline of the gun well.

Matt

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Time for my input after giving the Def Con some "work out" in various conditions.

- I find the holster generally very comfortable, tucking in extremely close to my side.

- I had a problem with holsters sometimes stuffing the butt of the gun
    under the edge of my bullet-resistant vest (where the two sides join). I have NOT had this problem with the Def Con! Very good!

- The Def Con is designed specifically NOT to move around on your belt once it is "planted" in place. Thus, using it with my Wilderness 5-stitch Instructor Belt it works best if I put the holster on the belt and adjust the position before I put the pants on.

Overall I am very pleased with your Def Con Holster. It is a superb piece of craftsmanship, and it has been a pleasure dealing with Gary.

I'll be ordering one next week, still not entirely sure which gun gets one first though.
    Jack

Links