G23 Concealed Holster

G23 Concealed Holster

This is a discussion on G23 Concealed Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable IWB holster? I realize it's different for everybody, so just toss some suggestions. I'm open for trying ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: G23 Concealed Holster

G23 Concealed Holster

Does anyone have any suggestions for a comfortable IWB holster? I realize it's different for everybody, so just toss some suggestions. I'm open for trying anything until I find one that fits for me!

-TL
    Glock 23
    CWP (ND) Holder
    CWP (Utah) - Waiting for my letter

VIP Member
    Check the mega-holster sticky at the top. Lots of good stuff on the front page (vendors) too. Like you say, it's different for everybody.

Good luck.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    I like my Crossbreed Supertuck fitted for the Glock 23.
    SCGunLover1

In order of my most favorite first (and this includes comfort priority as well)......Galco SkyOps, DeSantis Scorpion (kydex), and Don Hume M715. SkyOps is modular and very comfortable and also tuckable. The DeSantis scorpion will fit all of the Glock models in the 9mm, 40S&W, and 357SIG, and solid kydex..it's my favorite to carry exposed under a jacket IWB, then untuck my shirt to go over it if I take off the jacket. The Don Hume is functional, and quick on and off for the single belt clip, and straight drop presentation with a reinforced mouth. I don't use my Don Hume very often unless I'm carrying close to appendix....I can deal with it, but not all day like some of my others. It is what it is. Between the Galco and DeSantis, I probably use them equally, and either of them I can wear all day without discomfort of any kind, but the Galco SkyOps is more of a proper wear holster for me, and the DeSantis Scorpion is something I can really get down to work in......I've laid on it and changed the oil in my vehicles in the driveway with it. With the three holsters I've mentioned, I'm good for any place, any time, or doing anything while properly dressed for most occasions. Carried the G19 in all of them, and now it's my G23. I've carried the G17, G19, G23, and the G27 in the Scorpion though, and my wife is using the Don Hume for her G27 right now. Out of all my holsters, the Don Hume is working out the best for her right now, but I bought her a dedicated holster that will be here soon for the G26/27 from The Holster Store so she will have a bit less of the compact size Glock holster for her sub-compact Glock to deal with.

Thank you very much for all of the info thus far. I was checking out the SkyOps, but it's not available until Dec 3rd! Probably shouldn't complain as that isn't all that far away :P

I'm pondering ordering it!
    Glock 23
    CWP (ND) Holder

The Comp-Tac Minotaur is very comfortable and hides the moderate bulk of the 23 well. (I have mine on as I write this, and it's so comfortable that I sort of forgot it was there until after I finished writing)

I will 2nd the comp-tac minotaur . It's very comfy and hides the "bulkyness " very well . I carry a G23 every day in this holster and I have no complaints .

I have over 3 dozen holsters from this guy...

HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I've had recent great luck with FIST ultra thin kydex. Cheap investment, review thread here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...g-my-fist.html
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I carry my G23 in a K&D Dakota Defender. Comfortable, tuckable, adjustable cant and depth.
    Attached Images

www.hbeleatherworks.com I have his wonderful Com III. It is Black Cherry with Shark trim. Very comfortable.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I forgot to note that I sit in an office 8-9 hours a day. Something that is comfortable while sitting is a must. I can't picture 3:00 being very comfortable while sitting. I also can picture a 5:00-6:00 to be adaquate as when sitting, the shirt tends to pull up a bit, leaving the firearm not concealed.

I was thinking possibly 6:00 but I'd have to go buy longer shirts (not a problem). How comfortable is it sitting for long periods of time?
    Glock 23
    CWP (ND) Holder

Quote Originally Posted by TLaude View Post
    Thank you very much for all of the info thus far. I was checking out the SkyOps, but it's not available until Dec 3rd! Probably shouldn't complain as that isn't all that far away :P

I'm pondering ordering it!
    I see them every now and then on EBay. There was one for a full size G17 on there this past week used. Earlier this year, the SkyOps holster could be found for around $55 retail just about anywhere. Now you can't find them for much less than $65. Prices go up on everything. Even my favorite Reese's cups four pack at Wal Mart went up from $1 to $1.08. It's getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I see them every now and then on EBay. There was one for a full size G17 on there this past week used. Earlier this year, the SkyOps holster could be found for around $55 retail just about anywhere. Now you can't find them for much less than $65. Prices go up on everything. Even my favorite Reese's cups four pack at Wal Mart went up from $1 to $1.08. It's getting ridiculous.
    LOL @ Reese's comment!

Cost of living goes up, salary decreases or remains the same. Damn economy huh?

And thanks, I'll check out ebay :)
    Glock 23
    CWP (ND) Holder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links