Best paddle holster available

This is a discussion on Best paddle holster available within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've read some threads that dismiss the use of any paddle holster, the argument being that they are too flimsy, lack sufficient retention as to ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best paddle holster available

I've read some threads that dismiss the use of any paddle holster, the argument being that they are too flimsy, lack sufficient retention as to be stable, etc. Can anyone recommend a satisfactory or even good paddle holster on the market, regardless of price. I've seen Kramer makes paddles - a little on the expensive side perhaps, but could be worth the price if they stay in place.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have on occasion carried with the Fobus paddles, OWB under cover garment. Say what you want, it has little effect on my decisions. Generally, my Fobus holsters are my competition choice.

I have ordered a paddle holster from Wild Bill's. I will give you an update. Also check out Nevada Leather.

I had the same concerns about the holster hugging the body and flopping around. I took a chance and bought this one and it's a winner... FIST, INC. it looks like the one on the right with the Glock in it, and mine is for a Glock-36. It is a great holster that does hug the body...it cannot be pulled out of the pants.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

MJK
    I used a Kramer paddle holster for years to carry my Kimber Ultra. The holster is manufactured with a "safety" strap that loops under your belt to prevent it from coming out with the draw. Top notch holster, albeit a little on the high side.

I've also used Blackhawk kydex paddle holsters. These things are manufactured with a hooked clamp that fits over your belt. Again, no problem with the holster pulling out with the draw.

Modern paddle holsters are well-made and serve a niche purpose. I wouldn't hesitate to use these products.

I use exclusively paddle Fobus, Uncle Mike's, or XD Gear Kydex holsters to carry my XD9SC OWB. I love them. They're small and lightweight. All hold the gun close and tight. I use a good, stiff belt - cinch it up tight - and the holster stays where I put it all day. I love the frictionless "click-click" feel of drawing and holstering. I can't imagine any leather holster being a quick or clean. I've seen the videos of some guy grabbing a Kydex paddle off a guy's belt, and I'll tell ya, the video is rigged. Properly worn, it ain't that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I have on occasion carried with the Fobus paddles, OWB under cover garment. Say what you want, it has little effect on my decisions. Generally, my Fobus holsters are my competition choice.
    +1 on the Fobus. I have one for each of my carry choices. Excellent retention and comfortable for all day carry.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Look at Comp-tac

and they have a locking paddle holster with flanges that hook under your belt

If you don't mind Kydex, G-Code Edgeworks has been my favorite paddle. If you want an extra tough paddle holster but prefer leather, look at Tucker Gunleather's Silent Thunder leather lined Kydex holster.

Though I have many of their other products and love them, I tried Comp-Tac's Settable Cant paddle, but it wasn't for me. They have excellent customer service and let me send it back no questions asked. So, though I didn't like it, I still recommend them because it is pretty painless to try them out. They have a quick turnaround time, too.

Comp Tac's Locking Paddle doesn't have a sweat-guard, but all three of the above holsters do, which I feel is a "must have".

rmholsters Welcome to our online store "ECP" is a paddle holster that works as well as any belt holster I've tried.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Since you're not concerned about cost, I vote for the Kramer MSP Paddle.

"It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by ejes View Post
    If you don't mind Kydex, G-Code Edgeworks has been my favorite paddle. If you want an extra tough paddle holster but prefer leather, look at Tucker Gunleather's Silent Thunder leather lined Kydex holster.

Though I have many of their other products and love them, I tried Comp-Tac's Settable Cant paddle, but it wasn't for me. They have excellent customer service and let me send it back no questions asked. So, though I didn't like it, I still recommend them because it is pretty painless to try them out. They have a quick turnaround time, too.

Comp Tac's Locking Paddle doesn't have a sweat-guard, but all three of the above holsters do, which I feel is a "must have".
    The Settable Cant paddle is my favorite. I like the higher ride over their standard paddle. The G-Code isn't bad but the paddle doesn't feel as secure to me and it needs more of an offset so the oversize sweat guard doesn't dig into my side. I attached the belt option and use it for a range/training holster. In leather, I'd spend the bucks and go with the MSP. It's a nice holster.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Ctac, Serpa, Fobus.

I carry in a serpa level II ($50.00) because of its comfort and retention system, friends have ctac and fobus, carried a few different glocks before in a fobus and they are a nice holster.
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

VIP Member
    I really like paddle holsters as they provide convenience for my particular lifestyle. Sure I have other holsters, but the paddle definitely has its place. When I’m just making a quick trip to the store or a walk with my dogs, I can just slip it on and go. In particular, I really don’t like wearing a belt when I’m just kicking around, and the paddle works with or without it. Be it shorts’ with a loose shirt or otherwise, I’m good. ~
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links